Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Finished works you would like to share.

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    Those are great Ian
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Angie For This Useful Post:

SuperInferior
    Quote Originally Posted by IanTM View Post
    I had forgotten how much I used to benefit from xStitch.
    I was encouraged to take it up while in a nursing home recovering from an accident.
    I find it helps to relax me, time to get it all out and start relaxing again.

Pics of some of my previous works: http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/86234...titch?h=022e53

Ian.
    Wow those are awesome!
    I want to do some of those too, but I don't think I'm good enough to try the big ones yet. >_<
    I have two tiny free ones from a mag. I saw the prices for really big pictures and don't think I'd want to waste the money in the early stages of learning but they look so beautiful!
    How long have you been doing that?
    I really like the first one. =3

IanTM
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperInferior View Post
    Wow those are awesome!
    I want to do some of those too, but I don't think I'm good enough to try the big ones yet. >_<
    I have two tiny free ones from a mag. I saw the prices for really big pictures and don't think I'd want to waste the money in the early stages of learning but they look so beautiful!
    How long have you been doing that?
    I really like the first one. =3
    Thank You. I started in 1990, and have not done any for a few years now.
    I don't buy the kits as they are too expensive, I buy the patterns and everything seperate that way I can spread the cost and quite often I already have most of the threads I need anyway.

They are lovely Ian,you've got a talent there hun.
    MY INDIAN NAME IS RISING SUN,Thankyou LF

6. The Following User Says Thank You to veggie For This Useful Post:

SuperInferior
    Quote Originally Posted by IanTM View Post
    Thank You. I started in 1990, and have not done any for a few years now.
    I don't buy the kits as they are too expensive, I buy the patterns and everything seperate that way I can spread the cost and quite often I already have most of the threads I need anyway.
    I think I might do that, as I might want to alter the colours.
    I like things in negative, and psychedelic colours. It'd be cool to alter a picture with your thread for either of those effects. Or even a sepia tint but that might be very difficult.
    I've never seen the back thing on its own though. =/
    Do you do it on a cloth or with those squared materials? >_< I don't know the terms. But I know my aunty and her daughters used to do it a lot and they just did it on plain cloth with a pattern which looks really hard. I'd probably not do the x's the same size at this level. lol
    But I've not seen the square material thing plain and for sale. o.o

I'd be interested to see how much sense I just made with that. haha

IanTM
    Hi SuperInferior,

That's one of the good things of not using kits, you can make changes, not just colour of threads, but cloth as well and the finished size of the the whole thing. With regards the sepia tint, you could start with a sepia coloured cloth and then using the right shades of thread it could be done, I think you would need a lot of patience though to get the shades right. You can get the cloth on its own, I tend to buy most of my stuff online, as it tends to be cheaper, I use the squared materials as it gives the best results, I have done some xstitch on plain cloth, I did some cartoon characters and the childrens names on t-shirts, hard work but the end result worked well.

Ian.

Mummyhill
    Beautiful X stitch Ian. You must have the patience of a saint to work on black though as I always found that played havoc with my eyes. What count aida do you use? I can't use anything smaller than a 16 count these days unless I have specs, magnifying glass and very good light!

IanTM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mummyhill View Post
    Beautiful X stitch Ian. You must have the patience of a saint to work on black though as I always found that played havoc with my eyes. What count aida do you use? I can't use anything smaller than a 16 count these days unless I have specs, magnifying glass and very good light!
    I tend to use 14 count, I have a lamp with a daylight bulb makes a big difference. I need glasses for distance so don't have a problem with that. I struggled a bit with the metalics though.

Mummyhill
    I hear you on that one metallics can be a right bugger to work with!

shawkas
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-tCL-fpeGHJ...0/100_3497.JPG[

Ive just made another one of these, Ive just joined so am guessing at how to add a photo? I dont think I'll be making this pattern again as Ive done it 4 times now and I am bored with it now and need a new challenge!