Thread: Medication Review: Duloxetine

Medication Review: Duloxetine

Name of medication: Duloxetine
    Also known as: Cymbalta
    Type: SNRI Antidepressant

Link to patient information: http://www.patient.co.uk/medicine/du...erve-disorders

**Please note all following information is based on individual members experiences.
    **Any side effects or any questions should ALWAYS be directed to your own medical team.

Unfortunately I had a bad experience with this one. I was prescribed 60mg per day, I took the first capsule on a Friday evening and spent the night being sick and the next day feeling terrible. It took the whole weekend for me to feel ok again. Its an unusual reaction, but this medicine was not for me.

EJ
    I struggled with duloxetine for a month trying to cross taper with mirtazapine. I was sick (vomiting) every night for a month. I thought if I stuck with it the side effects would go away. They did not. I was nauseated and giddy to the point when I fell over going to the bathroom. So you were not alone with your reaction Rose. I wanted duloxetine to work but it did not. I had sexual side effects too. I felt like a freak. I was an over medicated freak!

Mr_t_
    never had much lucky myself with duloxetine the first 2 weeks was ok, the only noticeable difference being I was tired a lot more than usual.... the following 3 weeks i couldn't keep food down me so ended up having to come off them...

I've been on Duloxetine for almost 3 yrs now and it's made a huge difference to my life. It literally took just a couple of days before I started to notice a change and was the first time I was about to think clearly for years. Never experienced any of the side effects others have experienced although I did have a spell where I stopped taking them and on starting again everything I ate went straight through me. This is also something I experience when stressed and after 3 weeks in died down again. I am taking 120mg along with Mirtazapine 30mg(to help with my insomnia) and both seem to do the job of keeping me relatively stable.