Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help with low self esteem issues

TiffanyyO
    Its such a hard thing to deal with.
    I hope for the best for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by sjc30612 View Post
    Low self esteem is stopping me from doing a lot! horrible feeling which leaves you feeling totally useless at times which just continues the cycle....
    I love this post. Self esteem is in all of us at some point being a women i know that i deal with it on a daily basis. Its a tough struggle.

As a woman? I’m curious why you feel your gender adds to your low self esteem?

TiffanyyO
    maybe i didnt really say that properly.
    I just find that with the media its hard.

I see what you mean. The pressure on everyone is so huge - but I think girls/women seem more affected....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

TiffanyyO
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    I see what you mean. The pressure on everyone is so huge - but I think girls/women seem more affected....
    i agree.

Prycejosh1987
    Quote Originally Posted by amaeru View Post

Many of us struggle with issues relating to our self esteem. These can really come to the fore when we are depressed. We start to believe our inner bully who whispers negative thoughts about us to ourselves, even as others try to assure us that these negative thoughts are untrue.

In this thread I'd like to collect some resources for coping with that horrid inner bully. So that if it come around here we can all be prepared to give it the it deserves

To begin with I'd like to share this link to the MIND website's self esteem pages......

http://www.mind.org.uk/information-s...s/self-esteem/

If anyone has anything they would like to add or share please feel free to do so
    Self esteem, can be overcome when you believe in yourself, and your capabilities as a human being. You have the power to change any situation in your life. You have to power to solve any issue your facing. In the form of advice from someone, taking action and also equipping yourself to deal with the situation and making the right choices.

If only it was that easy....

Prycejosh1987
    I believe you can overcome that inner bully. The best thing to do is deal with it yourself and not look to other peoples opinions for confirmation. Only you can deal with the inner bully. I hear often that the worse foe you deal with is yourself. Its true.

Your last comment appears to have nothing to do with the other posts....