Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: pregablian

Yes it's used for loads of things.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

EJ
    I was prescribed pregabalin for chronic back pain. I was in a bit of a state and could not walk or stand without excruciating pain. There is so much that I can't take for pain so if is a bit scary to be told that all I could have was paracetamol and a bit of Valium. The pregabalin did work for pain although I did not increase it to the dose suggested for pain. Apart from making me feel a bit light headed and giddy I had no side effects from it. My back pain improved with some sessions with the osteopath and rest. I did feel numb whilst taking it but my decision to come off was also because I feel that I am taking enough medication. I know that it is there should I need it and that I can tolerate it well.

that's brilliant Elizabeth. so glad it helped you. can i ask you did you finding it easy to come off. i am not at the stage to come off it yet but i worry what the withdrawal effects will be like.

Mrs-Darling
    I'm taking Pregabalin. I was started on 150mg split into two doses then a week later and my first pyschiatris appointment and he doubled my dose. I've had the shakes really badly and I'm out of it. I can't cook anything as I'll forget about it or drop something hot so I'll wait until my friend is here to maybe make a sausage sandwich or something else simple. The effects of my morning dose wear off around 5/6pm then I take my other dose just before bed. I'm also taking 60mg Duloxetine in the morning and 30mg Mirtazapine at night. I'm assured by people who take it that the side effects will wear off soon, I bloody hope so as I'm incapable of going to the shops 100m away on my own- I almost walked out in front of a car last week! There is a weight gain issue (as there is also with my Mirtazapine) and I've been stuffing my face with sweet things but I'm making a concerted effort to eat more healthily now. It's certainly having an effect on my anxiety although I've had the odd panic attack if I've had to deal with anything official. Luckily I have a lovely friend who looks in on me most days so I've been relatively safe.

I'm on pregabalin 600mg and have been on mirtazapine 45mg. Yes, there's side effects but they will pass
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Reading this thread has made sense of a comment made by my gp last time I saw him. Between 120mg duloxetine 30mg mirtazapine tramadol and gabapentin for my back its a wonder I was ever coherent.