Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: pregablian

I can only comment on my experience. I'm on lithium, venlafaxine and amitriptaline. The pregabalin hasn't had any bad interactions with those psych meds. I'm taking 300mg a day (4 tablets)

Thanks for that paula. I had a chat with my G.P and he got the email from the crisis doctor and i pick up my prescription tomorrow,
    They look at me and think I'm cool, I'm purplefan at night I rule.

Hope it helps, lovely

i have been on pregabalin for anxiety for around 14 months now and it really helps. i take it together with ads. i don't have panic attacks any more like i used to and am better able to cope with situations that can trigger anxiety. like suzi says it does make me more tired and i put on weight at the beginning. i am constantly hungry which has made it harder for me to shift the weight i have been trying to loose.

it seems to be one of the side affects. Putting on weight. I am meant to loose a stone but tonight a am having a full sunday roast with
    apple crumble and custard for after. I will probably have a glass of wine with it.
    I don't feel tired but i was able to do my dance okay without feeling nervous.
    There were 22 people there. So it was a big deal but it is early days. My art therapy starts next week so looking forward to that,
    They look at me and think I'm cool, I'm purplefan at night I rule.

Well done you

You are awesome!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Pregabalin seems to be a popular and versatile drug for pain and anxiety and they also use it for Epilepsy cos they tried me on it for that. Unfortunately it made my sodium levels too low so had to come off it but no other reactions, it's just me that's got a low sodium level anyway and I hate salt so never use it.

Diablo
    I have to avoid salt and sodium because it's supposed to make my meniere's disease worse. I wonder if pregabalin would help with this? Two bird's with one stone, I'm currently taking Mirtazapine for anxiety and depression... Can't expect doctors to have joined up thinking like that.

I was told yesterday by a nurse that pregabalin is a drug used for many, many different conditions.