Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tablet reminders

alphabetagamma
    I use a technique which has been serving me very well. I have purchased larger sized 7 days pill storage box. Each of these seven pill boxes can store many tablets or capsules. Instead of using printed labels with name of days, I have printed names of medicines on plastic labels. Each of the seven boxes is then labeled with a medicine name and only one type of medicine is stored in each of the seven boxes. Depending on my requirement, I pick the medicine from the box and use it. To use this method, I strip all medicines out from their original blister packing and put in the appropriately labeled box.

fairy79
    You can ask your pharmacist if they can make your meds up each month in a dossett pack/blister pack. All your meds are contained in the pack marked with the day of the week and time of doses. Easy to spot if you have missed a dose. I use an alarm on my phone and also carry a small pill box in my handbag so I can take an 'emergency' dose if I'm out and the alarm sounds. (I just have to remember to top that box up!)

I have just gone through the dull task of counting up all my medicine to check I have enough for the weekend, what with it being a bank holiday this is extra important.
    Keeping track of multiple doses of multiple medications that renew prescriptions at different times is really annoying!
    I am not exactly a well organised person, I am going to flick through this thread to try and get some ideas on how others manage this.

My pharmasist is lovely and will arrange it so I go once a month normally to pick up a carrier bag of it. I have a pill box with multiple sections per day and I sit and do mine in the evening (tonight as it happens) and I have an alarm on my phone which currently plays https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N_tupPBtWQ which is great as it's a laugh when around the kids who all now dance to it!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

LOL! I clicked on the link and my cat who is asleep next to me nearly jumped out of her skin!

I do mine once a week using this

So you have 4 pots a day, for 7 days, but you can also pick up one days section and pop it in your bag/pocket and take it with you for the day
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

EJ
    I took one of those daily dose plastic pill cases to Holland with me. If we were out after 10pm then I had to weigh up whether to take my meds then or wait till I got back to the hotel. The combination of the lithium and mirtazapine makes me feel very heavy and giddy so it is probably better that I am within half an hour of my bed before taking them.

Lol EJ, my hubby says I walk like I'm drunk if I take my tablets and don't go to bed within half hour
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I used to take fluoxetine mid morning but when I went back to work, I kept forgetting to take it as I'd usually be in a meeting or something. So now I just take it in the evening.
    The quetiapine can work as quickly as 15 minutes sometimes!

Missymoo195
    i still struggle with this as i have to take meds on waking and within an hour i cant remember waking up let alone taking tablet, so i either over medicate or dont, alarms are pointless because my ability to procrastonate on the things i should do is too high. i cant even convince myself to eat let alone anything else.
    any suggestions would be good, when i tried the tablet day boxes i forgot to take them for a week!!