Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tablet reminders

I would have thought so, but it's definitely worth asking..
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Do they check your thyroid function when they check your lithium levels?

EJ
    Hi Paula. My thyroid function is checked every three months and the result is written in the book. My lithium levels were a bit low this time 0.5 usually 0.7 but my GP did not mention it.

Four Candles
    I'm sorry to say I'm total chaos at times with my meds. I have a tray with am and pm slots. Have to watch how many days you take out of original packaging as some things don't keep well at all. Generally I take full glass of water up to my room before bed and take night time dose with half of the glass, then take morning dose the minute I wake up with the second half of the glass. The problem is that if I get disturbed or off my usual morning routine (say one of the cats isn't well) then I may or may not remember. Still, most of what I take can go down me in a single daily dose anyway, so I have some flexibility. I'm better now than when I was tried on methotrexate for my joint problems: that just left me somewhere in outer space. Pain medication is not prompted: I usually say that if I'm in pain then that's all the reminder I need. My wife puts me to shame and remembers every single dose of her meds but then again she's had a transplant and the consequence of being dead if you don't take your medication correctly can be very persuasive.

My meds tray has 4 slots (morning, lunch, tea, bed) and I spend about 30 mins each week sorting it out for the week ahead

Four candles try really hard not to mess around with your dose time even as it will have a knock on effect lovely..

Four Candles
    Don't worry, most information leaflets have a section on missing a dose and whether or not to take the dose late. Not something I do any more than absolutely necessary.

Eildon
    I'm usually good at taking regular meds as have done for many years. My struggle is renewing prescriptions, which I've never got into the proper habit of doing, even though it's actually really easy. With my thyroxine, this then affects my depression and a negative cycle starts.

Can you just get a repeat sent straight to your pharmacist and then pick it up once a month? I've found that really helpful..

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    Some pharmacists will deliver aswell x
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

Probably in the studio in North Zummerset
    Yes my pharmacy (Boots) contact the doctor for me and have the meds ready for me to pick up every week. Lots of places do it even the supermarkets now.