Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tablet reminders

I take 30 pills a day, and have managed to find a pill tray that fits them all, Elizabeth.

I have one too! It was brilliant when we went away so I didn't have to take all my boxes with me..
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

JonoClouds
    Hello Everyone

I saw a tip further back in this thread suggesting the use of a phone app to remind about meds.

I have an Android phone and it was instantly obvious on the Google Play Store that there are dozens of reminder apps, some free, others with a price.
    I looked through the list and tried several free ones. The winner was Dosecast. It's free and reasonably small (my phone is an entry-level HTC with rather limited memory). It was easy to set up with my meds and you can choose any sound you like for the reminder chime.
    I have no connection with this app's publisher, I just wanted to tell you that I found an app that works well for me and might suit you too.

Cheers - Jono

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JonoClouds For This Useful Post:

Paula (28-08-13),Suzi (28-08-13)

EJ
    It is the shape and size of the tablets that is the problem. Lithium and mirtazapine look the same. I don't want to overdose on mirtazapine. I just have to be on the ball when I take my meds.The lozenge shape mirtazapine are the best and are larger than the lozenge shape mirtazapine. I just have to be on the ball when I take my meds.

That's why I sort mine out each week in my special pill box which has 4 compartments which mean I can sort them all out morning, lunch, evening and night. I do it day by day..

EJ
    I have run out of my breathing tablet so hopefully will not have any nasty side effects until I can get some more.

Can you not get some more from an out of hours Dr?

EJ
    I think it will be ok not like stopping anti ds abruptly.

Make sure that if you do need them then you can get them lovely..

EJ
    I have found the password to the online ordering prescriptions so a script is in the pipeline. I have a GP appointment next week anyway. I hope that she will update my purple lithium book as I have been feeling very tired of late. Could be the lithium or just me? If my levels were too high they would have contacted me????