Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tablet reminders

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar

Tablet reminders

Ok I know quite a few here are on more than one type of medication and it can be hard to always remember which tablet to take when and to remember them all.

What techniques and things does everyone use to remember what tablet to take when etc

I have a weekly pill box with 7 days worth in with different boxes per day named morning lunch tea and bedtime on it, that I fill on a Sunday night after taking my last tablet of the day, that is sat next to my laptop in full view so is always reminding me its there.

What techniques does everyone else have ?
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

Dollydimple
    I take the majority of my tablets with my dinner, i have tablets that i can take as i need them - buscopan, i can take 20mg every 6 hours. I also take cyclizine which is every 8 hours. From what I've read, i don't take nearly as many tablets as others although for me i take more than I'd like!!

I use the times of the drug rounds on the ward to work out when i take my meds, the times are ingrained in my head and some of the meds are similar to those prescribed so I'm aware of the timings.

Knight of Spamswotting by Highest order of Chufty Badges Jarre's Avatar
    Andriod and Iphones can have special apps that you put the tab times in and tehy will tell you when to take them.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jarre For This Useful Post:

Paula (02-07-13)

Lol, I have a tub (old one which had cakes in it) with 1 strip/bottle of each of my meds and I take that and a bottle of water up with me to bed so I can take them as soon as I wake up.
    My lunch ones I normally know when I'm due thanks to pain.
    My evening handful or two I have an alarm set on my phone which says "Take your meds"
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Miss Molly (26-10-13)

I have a similar system to yours, Angie, but it failed this week cos I forgot to put one of my ADs in so have been ill since Saturday without realising til 11 last night why :/ I'm now planning to do a spreadsheet of all my meds to act as a checklist when I fill up my pill box

Spreadsheet sounds a great idea hun x
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.

I have mine in a tray i bought from the chemist. It has little compartments
    so you can take them at different times. I also have an alarm on my mobile phone that reminds me.
    They look at me and think I'm cool, I'm purplefan at night I rule.

EJ
    I still have problems with this. At the moment I take three lithium tablets (priadel)mirtazapine tablet and one breathing tablet. The problem is that the mirtazapine tablet is never the same month by month. Sometimes it is red sometimes lozenge shape.This month it is circular. I am not sure whether all my tablets would fit in a pill dispenser. I take evening primrose and Angus cactus as well. At the moment they are in a small basket. I take them at night in bed so frequently lose one of them in the duvet. Usually I realise what I have done. Sometimes the pharmacist lets me choose the mirtazapine but mostly not.

EJ
    Priadel is always the same.It never changes

It can be hard hun, my main time is when my dosage changes it can take me a few days to remember to take the new dose