Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Distraction Techniques

Westin
    I really like going to the gym. Working out with my music really distracts me and helps keep my anxiety at bay.
    I used to be a runner. Now I just like going for walks by my local trail.
    I love to drive around on warm summer nights in the country.
    I journal and try and write creatively, whether it be short stories or poetry. It's hard to get into a good book for me.
    I wish I could do more volunteering. Last year I tutored kids which was really rewarding.

autumngirl
    Dont log in to facebook. Play games instead.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to autumngirl For This Useful Post:

Amaya (17-09-14)

So right.

daydreamer
    Hello, all. I'm new here and thought I'd share some of my favourite distractions. Mine are running, (I did couch to 5k this year and it has helped me enormously. The only trouble is it's hard to go when the weather is as rainy as it is at the moment!), photography (particularly nature photography when I'm very stressed/down), stroking my pet hamster (he's adorable) and listening to audio books. I love the website booksshouldbefree.com. It has lots of the classics for free. I'm currently listening to Jane Eyre. I'm getting a Kindle soon too, which I think will also be a great distraction! Oh, and occasionally, I love to bake cakes too.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to daydreamer For This Useful Post:

Paula (14-10-14)

I use crafts as my destraction. It can be photos, knitting, sewing, glueing and decopage. I can spend weeks on different projects,, and usually have 3 or 4 projects at a time. I can even spend a night colouring in my little ones colouring with her.

Music is a big distraction for me, although after seeing my CBT therapist, she is trying to stop me using distraction techniques and going down the route on exposure therapy to help with my anxiety.

first thing in the morning i put spotify on. once i'm out of bed it's either more music or singing. i hardly stop singing to myself at work. my colleagues think me strange but it's all that gets me through

I like house work. I find if you do a couple of hours on the hoover or washing, it really helps to pass the day. I also like music.
    (i have to admit i was listening to i want to break free and yes i did do the dance with the hoover
    They look at me and think I'm cool, I'm purplefan at night I rule.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to purplefan For This Useful Post:

OscarGilbert
    I used to listen to music to divert my mind.

Hugo-agogo
    Quote Originally Posted by purplefan View Post
    I like house work. I find if you do a couple of hours on the hoover or washing, it really helps to pass the day. I also like music.
    (i have to admit i was listening to i want to break free and yes i did do the dance with the hoover
    The big question is what were you wearing!