Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Distraction Techniques

Tiggigiz
    Sorry cant see an edit and wanted to apologise for the typo I saw after posting. Should say has gone on from there.. My auto correct on phone is worse than I am!

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    Dont worry about the odd typo x
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

Never worry about typos!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

JustNotMe
    A man I was talking to about depression said the way he bet it was exercise, doesn't matter what form just go out and expand the lungs, get oxygen in to the blood as it feeds the brain, a 15 min walk clears the head from thought, even if its raining, get out and do something, walk the dog, if you dont have a dog borrow one. There are children dying in countrys that would rejoice at seeing rain. Dont make excusses,,! He spoke the truth, it helped me a lot, must say thanks Bob.

Desolation
    For me it is computer games and documentaries.

I also read a lot of factual stuff, always online and never books. Stuff about history, science and conspiracies. I find that stuff fascinating. Especially when you read different theories on different things.

I find soaps, Hollywood films with the "happy ending" or love story and most of todays pop culture brings my mood down.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Desolation For This Useful Post:

Suzi (08-04-13)

cloudy
    Exercise is my most recent distraction with the added bonus that I seem to be fitter than I have ever been. I have always used walking to improve my mood but more strenuous exercise seems to help burn off some of the bad feelings.

Cycling off road in the dark, I recommend using good lights though, you'll be concentrating so hard everything else in the world will go away.
    Climbing, when on the wall and climbing well I'm so focused it's just me and the wall nothing else.
    I use my mp3 player, a lot, first thing I do every morning is put my earphones in.
    Reading sometimes works, I can't always just sit and read though so find short stories work better for me.
    YouTube, I spend far too much time on YouTube, but is good for discovering new bands through the recommended videos.

misty
    Quote Originally Posted by Aspasia View Post
    For me it's getting lost in a good book, so lost the characters are more real than I am in a way. I find it helps because I can let my emotions out but sort of feel it's through them or for them, itms? I can cry and be happy and go through the range of emotions a good book provides, and it's very cathartic and lets me feel more emotionally stable when I close the book, as though I've sort of used up the surplus emotion in my system and am more on an even keel again. Is that odd?

I also used to enjoy, and am just getting into again, creating computer art such as forum signatures etc.

I also play games, I used to play a major online game but found it was becoming too much of a time sink and no longer healthy for me. Nowadays I tend to play lighter ones, and non-real time ones.

This is exactly me! I feel the exact same about reading and I had to give up my games as they were really taking over. I know play games that aren't so intrusive

Sarah76
    Zumba I get lost in it if could find a class each day I would

i do very little. I feel my depression is new so i have not found a distraction.
    I lie in bed most of the time and think.
    I Do listen to music a lot. Deep purple mostly.