Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Distraction Techniques

Can you try some of the distraction techniques or call a helpline if you want/need to?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

helloworld1990tim
    To kill depression I go for a small tour on my beautiful *Link removed by Admin as per DWD rules* scooter.
    Last edited by Suzi; 30-03-18 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Removing retail link.

Prycejosh1987
    Quote Originally Posted by Aspasia View Post
    Copied from our "Archive Forum" here: http://archive.dealingwithdepression...p?topic=5262.0

Not originally by me, all credit goes to the original posters!
    Distraction is OK but it has to be done very often and it doesnt always work. Distraction doesnt solve the issue, it helps cope with it. i think all issues should be confronted and addressed in a counterproductive way.

There’s nothing wrong with doing something that helps cope. And not all issues can be confronted and addressed immediately, so whatever we can do to cope......
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Suzi (08-06-20)

Distraction can stop someone from self harming or killing themselves. Distraction is a very important coping strategy.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Distraction can stop someone from self harming or killing themselves. Distraction is a very important coping strategy.
    This is so true! I wish I knew about that sooner. Last time I used to just sit in my room and complained how life is boring. But now, I go out and try to find new projects to do. I always keep myself busy now!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to scilover For This Useful Post:

Suzi (08-07-20)

when you came crossed your depression you can also just go to sleep. it will heal as you woke up. sleeping help relaxing the body. sometimes, you feel depressed because you're tired.

rusty
    Music everytime for me, listening to...and attempting to play the guitar. I also like to meditate...helps me realize that my thoughts are not me... they can just be observed. Keeping my mind in the present moment, consciously, is a helpfull skill i find

11. The Following User Says Thank You to rusty For This Useful Post:

Suzi (27-10-20)