Thread: Having a hard time

Having a hard time

The wheels have fallen off a bit this week. I'm feeling pretty emotional. Actually had a good session on Tues, she wants me to think of the reasons of why it's so difficult for me to talk through things in therapy and why I get to a certain point and then stop myself. I can do that pretty easily, I think. The week has just been rubbish. There was an incident with little ones dad in the early hours of Sunday. I took yesterday off work because of car issues (car is still in garage now and will be £300 to sort ) I called in work today, to say I wouldn't be in because still don't have car, to be told I need to get taxi and get in....not being funny but the taxi in costs more than my day in work, so no....I'm not doing that. One of our guinea pigs died yesterday too 💔 so I mentioned about that and my children being upset and they still wanted me in, so I flat out quit. I'mupset about her dying too....Don't know if it sounds silly because she was "just a pet" but it's horrible, I was the one that found her dead and all I can see is her face sometimes. Quitting was probably a heat of the moment thing because I was already feeling pretty emotional this morning, but I think it will all work out better for me and little ones. It's just right now, I'm not doing great

Oh, love, I’m so sorry . Hunni, do you want to talk about what happened with little one’s dad?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I don't really think it would do any good at this point

What do you mean?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Oh nothing, don't worry about it. I'll sort myself out, I always do. I'm doing better today than yesterday

I know, love, but often it helps to talk it over with people who are only there to listen