Thread: Journaling

Journaling

I've just ordered myself the cutest little "wellbeing journal" it looks really good. I've done bits of journaling before but didn't stick with it. I'm hoping if I can get back to journaling, it will go some way to helping me be more open with my therapist. She made a comment about how I was "insular" and I've only just found out this means being within myself and not opening up/holding things in. I don't want to be like that anymore. You know, in June, it will be a year that I've been speaking to her?! Looking at it from that perspective, I understand what she means....I haven't really let much slip with her and its not her, she is pretty great....it's me, I know it. Does anyone else journal and found it helped to be more open?

That sounds like a helpful tool, particularly if it’s something you’ve been able to work with before
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.