Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Everybody Hurts (SU triggers)

How does this make sense? My current assignment is to present my essay plan for my final assignment. Except part of the essay relates to digital health, which is the last block of work to do……. Which we haven’t done in time to prepare an essay plan on it!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Hmmm... That sounds really odd
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

Aaarrrgggh looks like Jess is moving out next month!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

That seems sudden! How do you feel about it?

It is sudden, her friend’s flatmate needs to leave - it all happened in the space of an hour.

I’m a bit conflicted. She’s my baby!

Ooh. Empty nest! I can understand the conflict though. Aisling will be off to college next year, and I'm trying to get used to the idea already.

It’s been a hectic couple of weeks. Final push for uni this year is keeping me glued to my laptop, Si has Covid, and we’re getting ready for Jess’s birthday and for her moving out on 13th.

A couple of weeks ago, I saw my GP, telling him my thyroid was obviously under active as I felt like crap. He straight away said, those are high calcium/hyperparathyroid symptoms, bleeped the medical team up at the hospital and sent me up to a&e. They quickly got me up to a ward, thank God (the woman next to me had a fish bone in my throat and needed emergency surgery, poor love….). Anyway, they’ve put me on medication which lowers calcium levels, have referred me for scans and then I see the endocrinologist. I’m chuffed as otherwise I might not have seen anyone til June/July and already I’m feeling better with the new meds. Medication is not a long term answer - the likelihood is I’ll need surgery to remove 1 or more of my parathyroid glands, but that’s a worry for the future - not now

You're bloody amazing, do you know that?

lol, why?

You have been hit with an awful lot yet you face everything head on. You could be excused for wallowing, yet you're cracking on with life. Your strength is amazing