Thread: Bas, bad day...

Bas, bad day...

Hi everyone.

I hope you are all OK. I am feeling really low today and wanted to just put up a new thread and write a few words.

So essentially I went out with a few people I know last night, for a few drinks. During the course of the conversation someone said something as a hypothetical scenario and made a couple of comments about the way I look. Usually this would only mildly irritate me, but today I'm ruminating on it and it has precipitated quite a low. It is something I have a bit of a complex about historically.

I have the day off and am stuck in bed wanting to just go to sleep. I've taken a Valium. I just don't know how to deal with it really. I just wanted to share my story as I'm very socially isolated.

Thanks in advance.

Oh hunni, I’m so sorry. Why would a friend treat you like that??
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Mattypompy (30-03-24)

You say it was a hypothetical scenario? Were they being derogatory about your looks? Adding alcohol to a conversation and it has potential to go downhill fast.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SJW180 For This Useful Post:

Mattypompy (30-03-24)

Walker extraordinaire!
    I'm so sorry someone hurt you. How are you feeling today?
    Can you get up, shower and get something to eat?
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

Mattypompy (30-03-24)

Hi
    I'm so sorry. I advice you to do activities or hobbies you enjoy. May be that will provide a temporary escape from your sadness and lift your spirit?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jena For This Useful Post:

Mattypompy (30-03-24)

Hi Jena, lovely to meet you. It would be lovely if you could post in the intro section so we can get to know you better
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Mattypompy (30-03-24)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jena For This Useful Post:

Mattypompy (30-03-24)

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    Oh hunni, I’m so sorry. Why would a friend treat you like that??
    Hey Paula.

Thanks for the reply and support from everyone, apologies about the delay in acknowledgement, I've been pretty withdrawn and just recovering from a nasty virus.

I was pretty emotional when I wrote the above post and was a little vague and cryptic. It was my sister who said offensive things to me, who I have a destructive relationship with.

The background scenario is essentially we were having a intense debate about something minor while out drinking. Some unknown stranger wanted to enter our discussion and my sister encouraged him on her side by her gestures. She's done that before

I stupidly made a hypothetical comment to her to stop her encouraging him, and told her immediately it wasn't my real opinion and I was just angry. I made an error.

Anyway fast forward a month to the incident I'm referring to, and I explained again that it was just a quick comment and I didn't mean it and it wasn't my opinion.

This is when she said a couple of things that were very hurtful about my appearance which I don't think are really true and accurate, which she meant, and which she really shouldn't be leveling at anyone.

I made a mistake, told her immediately it wasn't my actual opinion it was an attempt to stop her involving a 3rd party, but she knows how to push my buttons.

Anyway it precipitated a really low mood at the point I left the post.

Love, why do you still allow her to have a destructive influence on your life? You deserve better