Thread: Friday Fab 5s: Friday 26 January 2024

Friday Fab 5s: Friday 26 January 2024

Maybe you’ve had a long week, the stresses and strains of daily life have worn you down. Well, worry no longer because it’s FRIDAY! And that means it’s time for the FRIDAY FAB 5’S!! This is the moment when I ask you THE most important question of the week…….l

WHAT 5 (more or less) EVENTS, HAPPENSTANCES, OR BRIEF MOMENTS HAVE MADE YOU JUMP FOR JOY, LIFTED YOUR SORE HEART, OR EVEN JUST BROUGHT A SMILE TO YOUR FACE, OVER THE PAST 7 DAYS?

It doesn’t have to be that you’ve received an OBE from the King, I’d love to hear about cuddles with your King Charles Spaniel too.

Remember, absolutely NO negatives. They WILL be dumped, without ceremony, in the DWD office bin.

Mine to get us going:

- I listened to my counsellor and asked for (and got) an extension on my assignment submission date
    - finally got an issue with my meds sorted out
    - the amazing, supportive DWD teams
    - The Traitors (the final’s tonight and I have no idea how it’s going to work itself out)
    - had a look round a potential wedding venue with my daughter (and I managed to not embarrass myself, and her, by squealing)

Over to you!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

OldMike (26-01-24),SJW180 (26-01-24)

• Cottage pie at the church (lunch club).
    • Sticky toffee cake made for me by Pauline one of the lunch club members.
    • Birthday meal at Curley's with sis and bro in law.
    • Preisner Lachrymosa.
    • QI.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OldMike For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (26-01-24),Paula (26-01-24),SJW180 (26-01-24)

~ Got myself a new (secondhand) iPhone 12.
    ~ After doing a couple of deals which involved several iPhones going in and out of my hands I got myself a £300 phone for £90. Just call me DelBoy lol
    ~ I may not have achieved a great deal this week but at least I have recognised by aversion to tackle certain things.
    ~ Being able to help out a mate in the darts team this week.
    ~ Sitting down with my feet up, watching the FA Cup with my 4 legged buddy curled up between my legs. Her favourite place to be.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SJW180 For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (26-01-24),OldMike (26-01-24),Paula (26-01-24)