Thread: First time ever.

Unhappy First time ever.

this is really difficult for me, i have never reached out or used a forum before. i lost my wife in May 22 after a 30 year marriage and i am really struggling with lonlyness and crying i am working over 60, no longer drink or smoke. i go through periods of being ok and for no reason get upset, night or day.
    if i have done anything wrong on here please let me know.

Welcome to the forum. You are not alone here!

Congrats on giving up smoking and drinking. It sounds like despite everything you are trying to get healthier and that's super positive.

They say grief comes in waves. Ok days and not-OK days seemingly at random is totally normal.

Losing a wife or partner will always be difficult, as Aspasia says grief comes in waves and it can be some considerable time before things settle down, we are here to listen.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Losing a partner after 3 decades together is going to be devastating and is naturally going to time to heal from that loss and make adjustments to allow to to be able to move on. The getting upset isn’t for no reason. You are grieving and the loneliness itself can be difficult to overcome. Does it help to talk about your wife? I’m pretty sure people here would like to get to know you, and if you’re okwith it to let us get to know your wife too. If you aren’t ready that’s ok too. Have you spoken to anyone to help with your grief? A bereavement councillor?

Hi, hunni, and welcome. I recently had grief counselling through Cruse and found it really helpful and accessible. Would you consider that?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.