Thread: Christmas 2023: TREES!

Christmas 2023: TREES!

Don’t hate me! But my Christmas tree went up yesterday

I’m hoping that you’ll all join me in celebrating the tree this year and post pictures of your spectacular (I’m positive) decorations! In the meantime, here’s my (or rather Katie’s) efforts:

I will, of course, put up threads for other oh so important Christmas topics (songs, mince pies etc ) but not yet. It’s not even December after all……..
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (27-11-23),OldMike (27-11-23),SJW180 (28-11-23)

There's a Christmas tree up in the house across the road from me and the Boundary Stone have had a Christmas tree up for at least two weeks. Kath from lunch club only puts her tree up on Christmas Eve. There'll be no tree up at Mike's towers you can't get the staff you know
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Ours is going up on Friday, the 1st is known as tree day in this house. After everything that happened a few years ago, I thought something nice was needed and it's become our tradition!
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

OldMike (28-11-23),Paula (27-11-23),SJW180 (28-11-23)

I don’t know if I’m going the bother with decs and stuff. I’ve kinda lost interest in Christmas over the years and being stuck on my own it’s not really worth the effort. I have to say though Paula, that is a beautifully decorated tree. Katie did a fab job as always.

Ok, I take back all I said about Christmas Trees. I now can’t wait to put a tree up thanks to a friend. Here’s the story…

Two weeks ago I was sat in the pub with a friend talking about Christmas, he loves a Christmas tree and we got onto the topic of what to put on top of the tree, a star or a fairy? Long story short we ended up googling drag queen tree toppers, my mate loves a bit of drag and I was going to buy him one, until I saw the price of the Etsy offerings. Way out of my price range. I do happen to know a lovely lady, mother to one of my Aspie mates, who makes period dolls, all handmade costumes and has had her collection exhibited in various museums around the country. I saw her posting some of her work online so put the idea to her about a drag queen tree topper. Not something she had ever considered before but she was well up for the challenge. Today I received the item along with a lovely note, it appears this project has been very well received by her followers and lots of people asking for one themselves. Anyway, I absolutely love this creation so much I’m not giving it away, I’m keeping it so my mate will have to stick with his standard fairy lol. I’ve even named her, I mean, what is a queen without a name? Say hello to Rhea-Leigh Awesome.

The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Pictures please!!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SJW180 For This Useful Post:

Paula (24-12-23)