Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Waiting for brighter days

Walker extraordinaire!
    Session was cancelled as psychologist was sick. Rescheduled for next Thursday. A reprieve. Did the weekly shop instead.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

How are you doing, love? Are you doing nice things for you this weekend?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Walker extraordinaire!
    Oh Paula, tbh I'm really not that well. My symptoms are really bad, I feel low and my anxiety is so bad some days I cant leave the house...... but I'm not hitting despair or anything, I'm just struggling day to day. I'm not taking care of myself very well, I'm not swimming or walking, i need someone with me a lot of the time but, I'm able to do stuff for other people itms.
    I'm at that stage where plans could be cancelled at the drop of a hat very easily if noone is depending on me.
    I have the seniors Christmas lunch to make on Monday so I'm doing some prep for that over the weekend. A is playing golf this morning but other than that we will be together. I'm sure things will pick up soon. I aim to get showered today.

Why do you think you’re able to do stuff for others but not yourself? Are you not leaving enough spoons for yourself or do you feel you’re not worthy of being nice to yourself?

Oh, and having a shower is great self care so, if you manage that, that’s awesome . You’re awesome!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Walker extraordinaire!
    I guess it's the worthy thing.

Can you trust me that you really are worthy? You are kind, compassionate, a wonderful friend and I would not have asked you back to be a mod if I didn’t think you are a wonderful human being

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (02-12-23),Strugglingmum (02-12-23)

Quote Originally Posted by Strugglingmum View Post
    I guess it's the worthy thing.
    Ok you are about to get Stella’d

The fact that you are finding things difficult at the moment yet still using the short supply of energy you have ensuring that a bunch of elderly folk have a warm meal in their belly in this cold weather makes you an absolute angel. That in itself makes you more that worthy. You are appreciated for all that you do and from a personal point of view I am grateful for your interaction with me which I understand is hard but I can tell you now if you lived closer I would absolutely do anything I could to help you out in the practical sense because you deserve the support. Unfortunately, I can only offer the virtual support but always here to talk anytime.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SJW180 For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (02-12-23)

Walker extraordinaire!
    Had a great bunch of folk in to lunch club today for their Christmas dinner. It went well and everyone had a great time. Lots of smiles and hugs.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

SJW180 (05-12-23)

Did you enjoy it?

Walker extraordinaire!
    I'm pleased to have done it for them but I'm also glad it's not hanging over me anymore either