Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I’m back!

I had no idea that was what it was worth when I was asked which one of the two they showed me I wanted…
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

It’s not about the money though, it’s what makes you more comfortable.

Whoops, didn’t realise how long it’s been since I posted. Anyway, my insomnia has been dealt with by changing the time I take my pregabalin and ami in the evening. I hadn’t realised how much lack of sleep had affected everything until I got a few decent nights…..

Uni work is going well - I’m a little ahead of schedule and have started writing my 2nd (and first to be graded) assignment. Work at the hospital is busy - especially as I’m involved in talking through how the new, improved department will look.

Si was in Dubai for the week. It was exhausting having to deal with everything but I managed. I’m just glad he’s home!

I had a bit of worrying news this week - my visual fields eye test was not good, indicating that the fluid may have increased around my brain. I’ve got an appointment in January with neurology but, in the meantime, if there are any changes to my symptoms, I need to head up to a&e

It’s been up and down, but that’s life, right?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

OldMike (19-11-23)

Paula glad your insomnia is sorted, hope you can get your eyesight sorted.

I'm intrigued what Si is doing Dubai.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Working - there was a conference he had to present at and his companies factories are in Dubai

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

OldMike (19-11-23)

Not great news about your eye sight but other than that it sounds like things are going well even if it is busy, so long as you’re not pushing yourself too hard.

The last few days have been a bit of a washout. I’ve caught yet another cold and have been feeling pretty rotten. I never get colds and that’s the second in short succession.

Right, moan over, I’ve got to be better by Wednesday as Katie and I are booked to go to an antique centre together! And this Saturday Si and I will be at a play - Stranger Things. The last time we went up to London, I was really ill and doped up with lorazepam so I want to be with it this time

There's a lot of people about with colds must be the weather, nothing like a good moan

Hope you enjoy your play and mooching around an antique fair sounds delightful hope you see some bargains.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

11. The Following User Says Thank You to OldMike For This Useful Post:

Paula (05-12-23)

Walker extraordinaire!
    What fab plans, hope you feel better soon. X
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

Hope you enjoy your days out.