Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I’m back!

It’s ok saying that in her day they just got on with it but if there was another option available they absolutely would have taken it. Back in the day we’d all be locked up in asylums getting electro shock treatments. Thank goodness times have changed.

I suppose it is the right of all of us who survive to a certain age to start a sentence with “back it my day….”, or “kids these days have got it easy…” lol

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SJW180 For This Useful Post:

OldMike (16-10-23)

Tough day. Really busy shift at work, then straight to an appointment with the psych nurse. Si came with me to the appointment so was able to add his thoughts. Anyway, lots of good advice including staggering my meds a bit to try to help with sleep. He’s also going to talk to the psychiatrist about potentially adding Quetiapine into the mix to quiet down my brain a little. Though I can hear my brothers voice in my ear “ADHD, ADHD”…..
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Have you had a referral regarding ADHD if only to rule it out? I remember a certain special lady suggesting I got assessed for a certain condition and it changed my life for the better. I hated it at the time but I am so grateful for her insight.

Quetiapine and Lithium? That’s pretty heavy. I can only say that Q has a very calming effect on me and really helps with my sleep. I’m glad you have Si’s support. He’s a good man.

Feel like crap, I hate colds….

Still, on the positive side, my new desk and ergonomic chair have been delivered. My study is raring to go
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

SJW180 (18-10-23)

only just joined but I am sorry for your loss.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Madleyn For This Useful Post:

Paula (18-10-23)

Have you tried out your new study area yet? Is it as comfortable as it sounds?

Quote Originally Posted by SJW180 View Post
    Have you tried out your new study area yet? Is it as comfortable as it sounds?
    Sitting here now

Is it a swively chair like mine or one of those superduper plush chairs you can curl up and fall asleep on?
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

It’s chair that the government have paid for(along with a load of other equipment inc desk, laptop etc) to ensure that, as I’m disabled, I’m not disadvantaged compared to able students while doing my degree. It’s a fully ergonomic chair which cost about £1500!!!!

Wow!!! That’s crazy money however if it makes your studies easier it’s worth every penny.