Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I’m back!

I’m back!

Yes I’m back! But taking things a step at a time. The past 6 months have taken their toll on me. Obviously losing Suzi has hit me for six, a good chunk of that reaction has been associated with the stress of taking over here and the fb page - not something I ever thought I’d have to do. My health has been poor with problems with my hip and back (thankfully mostly resolved now) and, at 49, suffering from hayfever for the first time in my life!

I started my degree today which is great, but the process of applying for funding and disabled students support has just added to my stress levels, and my diary has been full with assessments, workshops, tutorials etc.

I’d been having counselling, and regularly seeing CMHT. 3 sessions into the counselling, he told me my MH issues were getting in the way of me getting anything out of the counselling and stopped the sessions. So he spoke to my GP, got me an urgent appointment and asked me to bring my CMHT appt forward. Which I did and ended up with a week’s worth of sleeping tablets and instructions to stop doing anything except uni stuff.

Truth is, I’m not sleeping (which is very unlike me), I feel like I’m wading through treacle, my mood is all over the place and I’m biting Si’s head off much more than he deserves. It finally occurred to me, a couple of weeks ago, that I’m probably menopausal. So, I’ve got an appointment with a GP on Tuesday.

All in all, I’ll be very glad when I come out of this slump……
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

You really have got so much on your plate and it’s no wonder you’re struggling with everything. As far as this place is concerned and the FB page, you have a team of mods and don’t be afraid to use them. I would be more than willing to help you out any way I could. I know we’ve had our differences but it doesn’t change the fact that I still care about you as a friend and hate to see you suffer.

It is really good to see you back though. This place isn’t the same without you.

How are you feeling today Paula?

Tired
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Were you working today? Hope you can treat yourself to an early night.

Walker extraordinaire!
    Welcome back Paula. I have tbh, hrt has been a game changer for me. I'm on body identical treatment and it has helped so much with my energy and mood.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

Paula (10-10-23)

Thanks, good timing as my appointment is inhalf an hour

So, the doctors yesterday didn’t go according to plan. She’s not sure if it’s menopause or MH relapse. In theory there’s no harm in putting me on HRT and seeing if it helps except that I’ve had gynae treatment in the past and she doesn’t know if that increases my risk of cancer - so she’s going to speak to Gynae and get their opinion. I’m going back to see her on 26th. In the meantime, I’ve got my CMHT appointment next Monday. One potential issue, though, is that my BP is up, though she did point out I’m stressed…. So I’ve got to take readings twice in the morning and twice in the evening for 7-10 days and ring them if it goes higher

Walker extraordinaire!
    Hope things settle down for you. Xx
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

Paula (11-10-23)

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    So, the doctors yesterday didn’t go according to plan. She’s not sure if it’s menopause or MH relapse. In theory there’s no harm in putting me on HRT and seeing if it helps except that I’ve had gynae treatment in the past and she doesn’t know if that increases my risk of cancer - so she’s going to speak to Gynae and get their opinion. I’m going back to see her on 26th. In the meantime, I’ve got my CMHT appointment next Monday. One potential issue, though, is that my BP is up, though she did point out I’m stressed…. So I’ve got to take readings twice in the morning and twice in the evening for 7-10 days and ring them if it goes higher
    Reminded me of what a 74 year old woman said at lunch club
    I'm sick to death of people going on about the menopause, in my day we just got on with it
    I didn't say anything (didn't want to get in an argument) but thought things have changed since those days and some women need help which should be forthcoming.

Hope it gets sorted Paula and HRT helps a lot of women as you know far better than an old man like me.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

13. The Following User Says Thank You to OldMike For This Useful Post:

Paula (15-10-23)