Thread: The black dog returns

The black dog returns

Hi everyone, it's me again. I hope everyone is as well as you can be.

At a loose end.

For the past couple of weeks I've gone into a depression, really with no antecedent except a family member issue.

I had TMS treatment a few months ago and.it helped a lot but it appears I'm regressing. The problem is I don’t know what to do to help myself. I push myself to go out bt getting out of bed is really difficult, I don't really want to wake up tbh

I'm also recovering from shoulder surgery but that's going ok. I should be able to work again soon as a courier. I must admit I'm pretty lonely but have social anxiety for decades.

All the best. Xx

Walker extraordinaire!
    Hi.
    I'm so sorry you are having a tough time at present.
    Are you taking care of the basics? Eating, sleeping, fluids, meds? Can you get outside each day for some fresh air?
    Do you need to see your doctor for an assessment.
    You know sometimes it's about riding out the storm until things ease a bit.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

Mattypompy (05-10-23)

I’m dorry to hear that you are struggling again. It’s definitely worth going through the old posts in the help and advice section and Paula’s fact sheets have helpful links attached. As SM has looking after the basics is important but also quite difficult when we are unwell but if you do nothing more that get out of bed to eat and drink and maybe take a shower and put on clean clothes, these things will all make you feel a little more human.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SJW180 For This Useful Post:

Mattypompy (05-10-23)

Thanks caring, empathetic fellow humans.

I have had a slight improvement in mood in the last 48hrs and have been out, running a few errands and travelled to the nearby coast.

I'm taking all my meds, escitalopram and diazepam, drinking gallons of tea but eating just once a day, no appetite.

I've made a few cognitive errors when out drinking, which has irritated me. I have a history of poor concentration when depressed.

It's taken a herculean effort to get out of bed and do anything. I'm going to try to go to the gym today.

Negative rumination is my arch enemy and I'm trying to distract myself from all that.

I don't think the GP can do anything, unless it's an acute emergency, then I'd go to the hospital anyway. I may ask for another referral for TMS if things get worse.

I agree about riding out the storm, it's just about how intense and for how long it will last.

Thank you and I hope you're well. Xx

Hey sweetie, how are you? Have you asked about the TMS? How’s your shoulder doing?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Not being able to think straight is one symptom of depression from my experience getting better is getting the right meds and time.

Not sure what TMS is but if Paula suggested it, it must be good.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"