Thread: Social situations

Social situations

I'm really rubbish in social situations, so I tend to avoid them like the plague but I'm having to push myself for my little ones. My 7 year old is going to play with his friend tomorrow....and it might sound daft because it's only the playcentre and it's only the mum of my boys friend but I don't even know her....I've seen her at school and it was her that approached me because her son wants to play with my boy....but I don't know, I feel awkward and nervous! I'm no good at talking to new people and I know at the end of it, I'll start going over everything I didn't say/did say/be worried about sounding stupid etc. I don't even know what we'd talk about! Anyone else rubbish in social settings?

Perhaps it would help to think that maybe the other mum also struggles? What would you do to ease her anxiety in that situation? And perhaps apply that same care to yourself?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Walker extraordinaire!
    I hate social situations but if its your boys you have in common then start the conversation with that and then just let it flow. You never know, this could be the start of a new friendship
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

It went well....I told her how I was and that I didn't so well in social situations but she said she couldn't tell....I guess I faked it well lol

Well done! Do you think you’d meet up with them again?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

We're meeting up again on Sat, going to a family fun day at the park and my 3 cheeky ones already invited themselves to hers for tea lol

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pixie85 For This Useful Post:

SJW180 (27-06-23),Strugglingmum (27-06-23)

Fab!!

Yep I get it. Small talk sucks.

Except that Pixie did it and got on really well…..

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

SJW180 (27-06-23)

Hey, lovely, how are you doing?