Thread: Broken?

Broken?

This is something I posted of the Facebook page this morning, and I wanted you all to see it too

“It’s not really a surprise, I’m sure, to say that the past couple of months have been really hard. As well as dealing with grief, I’ve been trying to fill Suzi’s shoes - an impossible task. So, I’m going to be completely honest with you all and say that at times I’ve felt broken and shattered, and completely unequal to the task.

But, despite how I feel, I’ve come to realise that the forum hasn’t broken, this page hasn’t shattered, and DWD is still an awesome place to be. And that’s because I don’t have to be equal to the task, as DWD is a community and Suzi built it to thrive, even without her, with the mod team on the forum, the team on this page and with every single member contributing to its success.

DWD has held itself together, is unbelievably strong, and has proven it will keep going. And I am so proud to play my part in that. Paula“

The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

magie06 (12-06-23),Strugglingmum (11-06-23)

Paula, you don’t have to fill Suzi’s shoes. You just have to be you. She trusted you with her baby. I would love to sit down and have a conversation with you about the way forward. You know I see things in a totally different way to others on the forum and I’d like to offer some help. I’m not here to criticise or worm my way back in or anything like that I just want to offer a different perspective. I need this forum the same as anyone else.