Thread: Bereavement counselling

Bereavement counselling

This is something that I’m thinking about, and my physio offered to put me in touch with counsellors he knows. It’s not something I’ve ever had to consider before as I haven’t lost anyone close before. Is it helpful? Is it worth doing? Has anyone else thought about it recently?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

It actually came up in conversation yesterday, a friend suggested it and something that I am thinking about. I don’t understand why but Suzi’s passing has hit me harder than losing my parents and my brother. I think I need to try and make sense of it cos it is tearing me apart.

Walker extraordinaire!
    It's worth looking into although I know some charities wont do bereavement counselling until a certain length of time after the death
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

Our church offers some counseling. But as SM says, I think a certain length of time has to pass before they offer it.

Thanks for the help
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

If Suzi were here I'm pretty sure she would recommend you contacting Cruse if you are struggling.

So I’ve had a call today and am on the waiting list….

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Good
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro