Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast

Thread: What’s your (self care) ‘thing’ today?

Walker extraordinaire!
    Nails done yesterday, hair cut planned for today. I also have to tackle the shopping as I didnt do it last Friday like I was supposed to.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

Do you have someone to help with the shopping?

Could someone have done it to help you out?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

It’s been a busy week so far but I have got to get caught up with study - so will be mainly doing that today. However, I will be setting alarms to take time to rest.

What’s your self care thing today?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Walker extraordinaire!
    I have a lot of time on the sewing machine today to get things ready for a craft group on Saturday, however, I will have the Christmas music blasting
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

Paula (14-12-23)

I’m still in bed. Wasn’t really feeling the love yesterday but had football in the evening even though I wasn’t in the mood for it. Woke up at 7am but still yet to get out of bed. I’m totally drained and I have a Christmas jumper music quiz to attend tonight so a day of rest if I’m to have even half a chance of making the quiz.

Some of these are really important to my mental well-being. This week I’m going to focus on enjoying life every day. What’s your self care thing today?

Make room for all types of feelings.

There tends to be an underlying pressure during the holidays to feel perpetually happy and festive. While some people may feel truly blissful during this time, 64% of people say they experience a case of the holiday blues at some point throughout the season. It’s common for this time of year to bring up feelings of sadness, stress, anxiety, grief, and loneliness.

Should these emotions arise, we might sit with them as an act of self-care. While this can admittedly be uncomfortable, we can use meditation to navigate these feelings in a way that may help us feel much better in the end.

Meditation offers us a chance to step away from the thinking mind and instead focus on the breath, rather than our thoughts and emotions. This anchors us to the present moment and calms the mind. In stepping back from all our storylines and ruminations, we are better able to observe what’s going on in our mind; the more we observe, the more we realize we don’t have to get caught up in all the mental noise we self-create. As we learn how to acknowledge thoughts and feelings that arise during meditation, we learn to give them less weight and meaning, so we start to release them — allowing us to move forward and form a clearer, calmer, more contented space. (www.headspacecom)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

SJW180 (24-12-23)

So, I had a conversation with my counsellor yesterday where she suggested that, given my progress with my degree, I probably didn’t have to push myself and stress myself out as much as I have been. This morning I intended to start prep for my next assignment but couldn’t keep my eyes open. With Kay’s words ringing in my ears, I decided to stop.

What’s your self care thing this weekend?