Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: What’s your (self care) ‘thing’ today?

Self care today would mean resting cos I’m really tired and aching but I have a lunch date with a couple of friends I’ve not seen in a while so at least I get good company.

Ok, so I know this isn’t the cheeriest self care quote of all time, but it does ring true…. What are you going to do today to help you love yourself?

The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Walker extraordinaire!
    I have found this to be very true.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

It’s a dreary, rainy, meh day today in the UK, and it’s the LAST DAY IN JULY!! What is going on?

So, if the weather isn’t playing ball, meaning that sitting out in the garden with a gin isn’t doable, what else do you have planned for your self care today?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I was going to head into town sit in spoons and do some diamond art but my first challenge is to have a shower.

Walker extraordinaire!
    Wet here too. Once I've everything done, I'm going to binge watch some Sweet Magnolias

“You have been criticizing yourself for years, and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.”
    — Louise Hay

What will you be doing today to quiet that critical voice inside of you?

Walker extraordinaire!
    This is my biggest struggle!!

I’ve asked for advice. I’m not sure if my self criticism is warranted.

After an exhausting couple of days, I’m taking it easy today with cross stitch.

What’s your self care plan today?