Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast

Thread: What’s your (self care) ‘thing’ today?

Part of my course covers Maslow’s hierarchy of needs, and I thought this interpretation of it was definitely relevant. Can you consider doing a self care thing today that can help you move through the levels? (From edutopia.org)

The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Self care doesn’t have to be expensive

Walker extraordinaire!
    Today it's a walk in the fresh air
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

Paula (12-02-24)

I had a haircut and a shower and put on clean PJs.

This is especially true today…..

I’m trying. It’s been a bad start to the day already. Got an emergency vet appointment this morning.

What's happened?

Puppy has been throwing up when she eats. Noticed this morning a worm in her vomit which is not good. Thankfully, since being given antiemetic jab and another dose of dewormer she seems to be doing ok. She’s so tiny and been through so much in her short life already Gotta take her back tomorrow for a follow up but it’s hopefully gonna be ok.

After a long day yesterday, and another one today, I know I’m going to need to give myself some self care moments - but won’t have a lot of time. So….

“Quick and easy self-care practices (5 to 10 minutes)

Dance: Enjoy moving to your favorite tunes to uplift your mood.

Listen to music: Relax by listening to music you love. Take a break from the daily grind with this Midday Relaxation Playlist — the perfect accompaniment to a lunchtime walk or meditation.

Practice mindfulness: Stay present and reduce stress by being mindful.

Read regularly: Dive into books that stimulate your intellectual curiosity or provide escapism.

Meditate: Set aside a few minutes each day for meditation to help clear your mind and foster a sense of peace and balance.” Calm.com