Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Check in

I feel your pain, Magie. I had physio today - and it kicked in this evening when we were halfway through the dog walk….. take care of yourself
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

magie06 (04-05-23)

Good morning, lovelies! How is everyone? I’m excited as I’ve made the first very tentative steps towards getting a new tattoo in Suzi’s honour. However, I will need to get the quote before deciding to go ahead with it!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

What are you getting?

I’m disappointed today. I wanted to go and clear out the car cos it’s so cluttered but it’s tipping down with rain so not gonna happen. Get a few things todo around the house but you know what I’m like, I’d made a plan and now it has to change so I’m finding it hard to adjust.

Wildflowers. Marc told me they were her favourite

I thing we’re all aware of her love of daisies. When you say quote do you mean price of the tat or were you having a wording with the tat? If you are looking for words you only need 4. No day but today.

Walker extraordinaire!
    What a lovely tribute
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

Paula (06-05-23)

According to Marc, it was more than daisies - poppies, cornflowers etc. and who am I to argue with her husband? I meant price quote, I’m not into word tattoos.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

SJW180 (06-05-23)

Hi all.......how is everyone? I've been watching the Coronation. Loved the music, it was an emotional few hours. My brother would have loved it bless him. We have quite a lot going on outside at the moment...a stage with a band, singers, the usual pub regulars, bunting, flags, cake and other eats and it's stopped raining too!!! We're moving back to Scotland hopefully in a couple of months. We've decided that family is more important than places, and we miss the kids and grandkids. We've accepted an offer on the house and seen one we'd like to buy...it all relies on the upcoming survey. So you're having a tattoo Paula. What about Carpe Diem (seize the day) not just restricted to the wearer but an important two words to all even if one doesn't like word tattoos, they certainly pack a punch. Judi Dench has it tattooed on her wrist. An 80th birthday present from her daughter. I love that woman.
    Suzi was a tough act to follow, she had an amazing zest for life and a great sense of humour. Time to celebrate her life and remember the things she said and did that made us laugh.

Walker extraordinaire!
    Oh my goodness what a big decision. Well done you!!!
    Hope everything goes through smoothly for you. X
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    According to Marc, it was more than daisies - poppies, cornflowers etc. and who am I to argue with her husband? I meant price quote, I’m not into word tattoos.
    I’m not sure how I’m supposed to take that comment? Of course Marc knows her best. Have you picked a design already?