Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Check in

Check in

It’s been hard to process the last few days, so I thought I’d better check how everyone is doing.

There’s been a lot of tears at Chez Sparkles, and not much sleep. It’s been hard to get up any motivation to do anything, and the diet has gone out of the window. So, it’s very much been a case of rest and distraction (I’ve read a lot of books….).

It’s so important to do whatever makes it easier to get through tough times. Whether it’s to evolve into a bookworm, or run the London Marathon, be very kind to yourself
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

magie06 (24-04-23),Strugglingmum (24-04-23)

Lots of tears here too. I keep waiting for someone to tell me there is a mistake, that this is some kinds of sick joke and that she’s not really gone. If I could trade places I would cos I don’t want to be in a world without her in it. I don’t won’t this to be real.

I'm heartbroken. I'm not sure if I have any tears left. I keep thinking of Marc, Ben, Hazel and Fern. I would love to be near to be able to ring or call to hug their hurt away.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to magie06 For This Useful Post:

SJW180 (24-04-23)

Walker extraordinaire!
    I've been trying to keep busy. This morning I went out and got some help with my pip forms and had a swim. Now I'm home I'm finding it hard to get motivated to do anything
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

I'm not in a good place today. My dad told me yesterday that I'm like a hippo and it was time to loose weight. It upset me so much that I left straight away and I really don't feel like going back. My eyes are full of tears all day.

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

Oh Magie, love. Your dad is so wrong, you are beautiful
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Your Dad has a history of saying the wrong things to you Magie. Well done for walking away. You have to protect yourself sometimes at the expense of others. I would like to say maybe he will see the error of his ways. At the end of day those words mean nothing so long as you are happy in your skin.

I forgot that there was a p/t meeting this evening about the trip to Italy. My baby is going away next Tuesday with the school and comes home on the Saturday. First time that she will be away without me.

I was used to Katie being away from home but the first school trip was so hard. Big hugs, lovely