Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast

Thread: The Black Sheep

Walker extraordinaire!
    It is complicated. Does it matter what other people think? You made the best decision for you at the time.
    Give yourself a break and allow yourself to leave it be.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

SJW180 (18-02-24)

So, out of the blue I get a text from my nephew this evening. He’s about to go back home after a weekend with his parents asking if I would take on the puppy they got just before Christmas. It turns out between his gf who has mental health issues but had to come off her meds so struggling, her little girl who is believed to have Autism or ADHD or both and the large dog they already have that they can’t cope with the puppy as well. She’s a bit nippy, like most pups, and the little girl think the dog is attacking her and gets upset. I’m sure in time as the pup grows out of it things will be fine but for now it’s a big stressor for them and me being me I said yes. It’s Sunday evening, shops are shut, so no puppy toys, or training mats. The poor pup is confused that firstly she was away from home for the first time and then her family left her and she’s now in a new house with a strange person and another dog she doesn’t know. She’s been here an hour and already I’m thinking I should’ve thought this through before jumping to the rescue. I have said that I will see how things go and hopefully if I can do some work with her it will be a temporary thing and she can go back to them but if not this will become her forever home. I don’t mind taking her on and it will give me something to focus on instead of running away and hiding from everything. So much for resting up over the next few days. ha. Looking forward to a potentially sleepless night tonight.

Walker extraordinaire!
    Aw, hope you got some sleep.
    Puppies are gorgeous but yes a lot of work. Good luck and hope the pup and Talia get on ok.

Oh they are getting on just fine. Both have spent all afternoon curling up with me fast asleep. The pup slept better than I did. She was a little bit upset initially when we went to bed but she settled down after a few minutes and didn’t move until after 8 this morning. She’s peed in my car and on the sofa and thinks the hallway is for pooping but she was a good girl on the lead and happily follows Talia everywhere around the house. After one night away, they are already missing the pup and from what I’ve seen since she arrived last night she’s just a regular puppy no issues with her mouthing and I’ve explained that it might be an idea to train the child to be around the puppy rather than the other way around. A simple “No” and she stops. I get the impression she might be going home sooner rather than later and I wouldn’t be surprised if she ended up coming back to stay on occasions in the future. I think the pup is a a good distraction at the moment even if she is a pita, lol

Oh and I’m being so rude, I’ve not shared puppy photos yet. Meet Roxy and of course the gorgeous Talia.

Walker extraordinaire!
    They are both gorgeous

The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Quote Originally Posted by Strugglingmum View Post
    They are both gorgeous
    Talia is my bestest friend in the whole world. Showing her age now but still a beautiful girl. So grateful to have her in my life.

As if this time isn’t hard enough the puppy started throwing up yesterday. Undigested food. Due to the fact she practically inhales her food I presumed she was eating too much too fast and that was the cause. I left her a few hours and fed her again, same thing. She managed to eat a little bit last night and keep it down but this morning she starting retching and threw up again and I saw the problem. She’s got worms. This poor pup has had such a rough start to her life. Got an appointment with the vet this morning, once I get my car back from the garage that is. I’ve spent about £40 on food and toys and slow feeder bowl that I ordered last night. This is one expensive pup. Not quite the distraction I expected.

11 yrs today since I lost my mum. I have images in my mind from that day. I look back at my actions or inactions and how I am perceived because of it. What started out as a birthday celebration turned into 30 hrs of hell and typically it was me who was missing at the end.

£100 to the garage for the car and £150 to the vet for the puppy. A very expensive day. I know my nephew and his missus don’t have the money to pay me back but I don’t really mind. I told my sister about it and I asked her not to tell them about the bill. They asked me he have her to take some of the stress off them for a while so don’t want to add a financial burden on them. My sister offered to put something towards the cost which is kind of her. We all just want the pup to be healthy at the end of the day and she’s such a lovely dog. Need to go back to the vet tomorrow to follow up and hoping all will be ok.

It’s not been an easy day and there have been tears. I’m guessing I’m not alone in that today. So many things going on in my head and I’m just trying to keep things under control. Tomorrow in my nephews birthday and I’ve been volunteered to drive to Wolverhampton. The table is booked for 5.30, normally takes an hour to get there but allow added time for Friday traffic so thought leave here about 4pm but nooooooo. My sister is bringing a friend and they want to go shopping and they want me to leave at 11.30am. I have to take the pup to the vet again at 9.30, get back and sort Talia out, pack the pups stuff cos she’s coming too, get showered and changed, collect my meds, fill the tank and then go pick everyone up. By the time we get home in the evening it’s gonna be about 9pm. Again sort the dogs so they are pee’d, pooped and played with and then bed probably around 11pm. Today of all days I’m asking myself “what would Suzi say?” and I know she would tell me off for pushing myself too much and to take time to rest up and I feel guilty cos even though I know it I’m still going to do it all and the inevitable crash will come some day soon and I’ll spiral out of control and become a total wreck and I can see the look she would give me, the one that lets me know that she’s disappointed that I don’t take better care of myself. All I ever did was let her down. Let you all down. Let myself down.

Little Roxie will be going home on Thursday. I’m going to miss her after having her for just short of 3 weeks but I’m also looking forward to getting my life back. She had been very good but I think Talia has had enough of having to share me now.

I spent most of yesterday asleep. I woke about 8am, sorted my meds and put some rubbish out and that was at productive is it got. Took my afternoon meds at 1pm and felt tired so went for a lie down. Woke up about 4.30 and was soon back asleep again until 11.30pm. I got up to let the dogs out and grabbed some bread and cheese before heading back to bed and slept all night. I still feel exhausted and could sleep all day again.

Despite feeling so tired I really need to start being more active again. I’ve not played any of the walking sports in ages originally due to injuries but then just routine changes. I’ve been feeling really stiff lately and hurting and I don’t want to have to take painkillers regularly again to get about so hoping a bit of exercise will help. Maybe get the exercise bike out once the puppy is back home with her owners.