Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IMPORTANT Update (poss triggers)

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    When I get there by Pink popped up on James' playlist and made me think of her. I've never had faith but I know she did, and I'm hoping so hard that whatever comes next lets me see that wonderful woman.
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

magie06 (21-04-23),Paula (21-04-23),Strugglingmum (21-04-23)

The link to Jealous of the Angels, if anyone would like to listen to it

https://youtu.be/0n67dSG35L4
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

magie06 (21-04-23)

Walker extraordinaire!
    I couldn't sleep last night and all I could think of was Marc and Suzi's 3 treasures. If I feel this is all surreal and can't get my head around it I cant imagine how they are all feeling.
    My heart aches for them all.
    Jaq you are right, Suzi had faith that there was more than this life and I believe that today she is without pain, tears, sorrow.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (21-04-23),magie06 (21-04-23)

I didn’t get much sleep either….

I’ve just spoken to Marc. The kids are dealing with things their own way. Hazel’s in bed, Fern is killing things in a video game, and Ben has gone back to uni, though Marc thinks it’s more to do with being with his girlfriend. Marc is, I think, coping by dealing with the practical issues.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (21-04-23),magie06 (21-04-23),Strugglingmum (21-04-23)

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Please pass on our love
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

Paula (21-04-23)

Et je m'envole, vole, vole, vole, vole, vole. Que d'espérance.
    Not too much sleep for me either. I am very sorry, because no words can express all of my feelings and admiration for Suzi.

It is such a loss for anyone, especially for family. The first year will be very tough, but all together they will survive and I am sure Suzi will be their angel.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to selena For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (21-04-23),magie06 (21-04-23),Paula (21-04-23),Strugglingmum (21-04-23)

Hi everyone..... I've had a message from Sarah who told me of the tragic and very sad news of Suzi's unntimely passing. I must say that it was quite
    a shock! She was committed to helping others and made it her mission to save the lives of others. I can't imagine how difficult it must be for her loved ones to lose a lovely wife and mother. Of course it has come as a great shock for the dwd members too. My prayers will include suzi and her family and friends. She was a very special lady. xxx

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Flo For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (21-04-23),magie06 (21-04-23),Paula (21-04-23),Strugglingmum (21-04-23)

We have a centuries old tradition here that we have a wake for those who leave us. There was an American wake for people who emigrated, it didn't matter if they were going to America or not.

But we also have a wake for people who have passed away. It's normally either held in the local pub or in the deceased person's home. Suzi always said that DWD was her second home, so for anyone who would like to join in, I will be opening up a new thread tomorrow afternoon/evening for us to leave our favorite Suzi story, to laugh, to cry and maybe a drink or two may be had. There is no pressure on anyone to join in, but everyone is welcome. Unfortunately it won't bring Suzi back to us, but by sharing, it might just help!

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to magie06 For This Useful Post:

Flo (22-04-23),Jaquaia (21-04-23),Strugglingmum (22-04-23)

I’m sorry guys and I apologise if I’ve over stepped the mark but I am hurting the same as everyone else. I also understand if this account is removed. I think you know who this is without me spelling it out. I’ve not had the courage to do this previously but I can’t stay away now. I miss Suzi just as must as the rest of you.

As one of the few forum members who has met Suzi in person a can assure you that she is as compassionate and loving as she is online. Suzi is…was, as honest and caring and compassionate as sh e is on the forum. What you see is what you get. I feel honoured to have been invited into her home, to meet her family. To have been her friend. I know things deteriorated between us but I can promise you my respect for her has never change. Suzi has done more for me than I can tell. She literally changed my live and I can never thank her enough, and now I will forever be in her debt. Words can not do justice to just how much to have much I love her.

I k ow things are strained between myself and other forum members but right now that doesn’t matter. My heart goes out to Marc and the kids. Suzi was the lynchpin of that family and although I am probably the last person they wanna hear me from I am there to support them and everyone on this forum who loved her. We all need each other right now and as much as I am here for you I hope you are here for me too.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to SJW180 For This Useful Post:

Flo (22-04-23)

Walker extraordinaire!
    Quote Originally Posted by magie06 View Post
    We have a centuries old tradition here that we have a wake for those who leave us. There was an American wake for people who emigrated, it didn't matter if they were going to America or not.

But we also have a wake for people who have passed away. It's normally either held in the local pub or in the deceased person's home. Suzi always said that DWD was her second home, so for anyone who would like to join in, I will be opening up a new thread tomorrow afternoon/evening for us to leave our favorite Suzi story, to laugh, to cry and maybe a drink or two may be had. There is no pressure on anyone to join in, but everyone is welcome. Unfortunately it won't bring Suzi back to us, but by sharing, it might just help!
    I love that Magie.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.