Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IMPORTANT Update (poss triggers)

Exclamation IMPORTANT Update (poss triggers)

This is a post I never wanted to have to write. Our wonderful, amazing Suzi passed away earlier today, peacefully, in hospital.

She was the heart and soul of DWD and I know what a blow this is for all of us who knew her. Personally, I may not have met her face to face but there are some people who grab a hold of your heart, and I considered her to be one of my very best friends.

Grief is hard, and we will mourn her. If you need support, details of the Cruse Bereavement Support helpline can be found here https://www.cruse.org.uk/get-support/

We’re all here to talk, and talking about Suzi is probably the best balm there will be. But can I ask you to be mindful that all of us on the mod team are also grieving and may not be able to respond immediately.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (20-04-23),magie06 (20-04-23),Pen (20-04-23),selena (21-04-23)

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    She's one of those people who can't help but touch your life. She was always so kind, caring and just thoroughly lovely. She had such an enormous heart and will leave a huge void.
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

Paula (20-04-23)

As another who never had the pleasure of meeting up with Suzi, I really feel that a bit of heart has gone with her. I really hope that her whole family will understand when I keep them in my prayers at this difficult time.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to magie06 For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (20-04-23),Paula (20-04-23)

Probably in the studio in North Zummerset
    Omg. She got me through so much. Such a wonderful lady. She will be missed by so many people.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pen For This Useful Post:

Oh god....I obviously never knew her personally but she was so lovely and helpful. Can't believe this

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pixie85 For This Useful Post:

Walker extraordinaire!
    Such a wonderful human being who cared and loved so deeply. Although I never met her I will miss her deeply. My deepest sympathy to Marc and all the family. May they take some comfort in knowing that many are sending them all the love in the world
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (20-04-23),magie06 (20-04-23),Paula (20-04-23)

Just seen your post on fb about Suzi Paula. Such a shock.
    Deepest Condolences to her family, friends and to you all on here.
    My thoughts are with all that knew Suzi, she was a special woman who helped anyone and every one.
    She shall be sorely missed.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Miss Molly For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (20-04-23),magie06 (20-04-23),Paula (20-04-23)

Waking up this morning it didn’t seem real and I keep looking at a text I got from Marc to make sure my addled, sleep deprived brain wasn’t making things up. Then I wondered how we were going to carry on without her. But we will. Suzi moulded DWD into a family, which means we’ve all got each other and will be there for each other, every step of this hideous journey.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

The song by Donna Taggart, Jealous of the Angels, really sums up how I'm feeling this morning. On some sites they have the lyrics as well as the song. But yes, I am jealous of the angels, because God only takes the best.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to magie06 For This Useful Post:

Paula (21-04-23),Strugglingmum (21-04-23)

Magie, that was perfect. Thank you