Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Summer's coming

Perfect
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Hey, lovely, how’s things?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Hi everyone. Saturday was wonderful. We took our time driving and it took us under 3 hours to get to Enniskillen. We had our coffee to revive ourselves after the drive. Then we started our shopping. We don't have Asda here, so naturally it was where we began. I've started my Christmas shopping now. I've got the stuff to send to Australia and to Canada. I got two sundresses to go to Oz, because at Christmas it's summer time there. Rowan will be starting to be potty trained so I bought loads of underwear for him. I'll buy him an outfit here before I send the parcel. I got Eve a lovely set of leggings and tops with socks to match.

Before we got to the checkout, I felt a bit dizzy, so I went outside to sit in the fresh air for a few minutes. But it was so humid, I went back into the store and sat under the a/c. I got myself another pair of 3/4 lengths, a pair of shorts and a couple of tee shirts. Of course I didn't forget to get Aisling some stuff, and because father's day is coming up, Gerry got a new tee.

After a week of being on the injections, I think I've lost 4 pounds. I'm trying not to stand on the weighting scales every day, but I doubled my dose on Saturday and I was very curious to see if anything had happened.

Wow! 4lbs, that’s impressive! Do you have a target amount of loss?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

magie06 (14-06-23)

I don't have a target yet, just to get down from obesity to a more normal weight. I've put shorts on today for the first time in years. I have my knee scars out on show for everyone to see.

Walker extraordinaire!
    Well done on your loss. That's fantastic
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

magie06 (14-06-23)

We've had another very warm day here. We went to the beach but naturally there was a breeze there so we didn't even get our toes wet. Aisling is meeting with friends tomorrow so I'm bringing them to Athenry and someone else is going to collect them. I have no plans yet, but if the weather holds, I might go to the beach myself.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to magie06 For This Useful Post:

Paula (14-06-23)

Hey, love, you’re really quiet - how’s things?

Hello, sweetie, just popping in to say hi and hope you’re ok

I'm popping in to let you all know that I'm still here. I'm not ghosting anyone, just taking a step back to try to get my head straight.
    My dad is being an arse again and I haven't called to see him in over 2 weeks. My sister's heart is broken with him.
    A friend of mine is not in a great place either. I'm trying to keep her spirits up too.
    Unfortunately my own head is not great. I've had serious thoughts about s/h.