Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Summer's coming

But your sisters don’t have to deal with the MH issues you do. I think once a week is a lot. Can you not just say to them that you need a bit of space for a few weeks?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

My sister who looks after my dad, had a cataract operation yesterday morning. She needed to go to A & E last night because her eye was weaping and very itchy. They scratched her eye when they were doing the operation.
    I had physio this morning and Aisling wanted a lift to the beach. I didn't get home until almost 2.30. I had planned to sit in the garden with my book, but it was too hot. I stayed inside where my fan is!

Walker extraordinaire!
    It was cooler here today so I wasn't tempted to sit out.
    Hope your sister's eye heals soon
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

Ouch, poor love

You may not have sat outside but did you sit down with your book, and rest?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Oh today I sat out for about half an hour and I really had to come in and put on my fan. But I had my book and it's got very interesting. That was between dropping Aisling to a friend's house, and collecting her again.

Honestly, I think it’s just what you need right now. Do you need to speak to Toghermore?

Hey, sweetie, how are you doing?

I'm tired but okay. Gerry went from chemist to chemist to find one with the correct needles for me. So, I was able to start my injections on Saturday.

Aisling and I headed to Kylemore abbey yesterday. The journey should have taken an hour and a half, took almost double because the traffic was so bad. Well, I should say traffic was heavy. A lot of people had the same idea as us. The weather here has been beautiful for the last two weeks so I didn't mind the drive so much. We had the windows down and the music up. I hadn't intended to be home so late, but it was after 8 when we got home. Today is a bank holiday so we didn't get up very early.

Did you manage to rest yesterday? Any plans for today?

More of the same as yesterday. We still have sunshine, so I just might bring my book out and read some more.