Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer's coming

Hey hunni, you’re quiet. How are you doing?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be away so long. It was my dad's birthday last week and we had cake yesterday for him. I didn't like his attitude towards me when I gave him his card. He just threw it to one side without even opening it. When he did that I just got up and left. He can be as mean and horrible as he likes, I don't have to sit around and wait while he does. Every time he does that I will leave. He might get the message eventually.

Oh hunni, I so sorry he behaves like this. Tbh you’re a bigger person than I am - I’m not sure I could keep trying. I truly hope he gets the message and you can rebuild your relationship with him
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Family can be difficult and I know it hurts you when he continues to be like this. At some point you will probably say enough is enough and stop putting yourself through the constant disappointment and he will only have himself to blame.

I know he's an old man. I mean he turned 89 last week. But sometimes it's difficult to understand why he is so mean.

Anyway, Aisling had an appointment this morning with a plastic surgeon. He removed 2 moles, one from just over her bellybutton and the other from her left shoulder. As a matter of routine they have them examined in a lab, but he didn't think there was anything sinister in either of them. We just have to keep an eye out for infection. We go back in 4 weeks to have some more taken off.

We had a lovely unexpected morning in the shops afterwards. We even went for ice cream, and sat in the sunshine to enjoy them. Aisling is on her school holidays now. In the past I would have been panicking around now, because I wouldn't know what to do with her. This year, I'm looking forward to lazy days, maybe having day trips here and there, and enjoying her company.

That sounds perfect

Jess keeps saying she needs to have her skin tags taken off, but never gets round to it. I’m trying very hard not to make the appointment for her, but she’s 22…..

As for your dad. Does he know what he’s doing/saying? If so, there’s no excuse

Walker extraordinaire!
    Oooo lovely lazy days sound just perfect
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

Paula, I think he knows what he says. But he's surprised when people get upset over something he has said or done.

How often do you see him, love? Is it worth taking some time away from him?

I only see him once a week. It's not a lot, and I don't know how my sister's can keep going back day after day.