Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer's coming

Summer's coming

Dublin was great. Our hotel was on the last stop of the Luas, which was very handy. It was a lovely room, which had wooden floors, all the better for bringing my rollator. Aisling had a brilliant time shopping. I really couldn't keep up. But I toddled off to the nearest Luas stop, and went back to the hotel. Gerry got to see the museum in the GPO and I did the hop on - hop off bus to see the tourist things. Aisling had no interest in either of those things, so we tag teamed each other.
    The only thing is that my stamina is not as good as it used to be. I found even the walking around the shops very tiring, with both my back and knees very sore.

That sounds like a lovely time! I know what you mean about stamina, mines left me ages ago and now I'm struggling to get in too and out of the sofa....

Is the Luas a Bus?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

What a lovely time! I’m with you on the stamina front, love. It sucks….
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

The Luas is a light rail/tram service. It is very handy because there are no steps, it pulls up level with the platform.

The Luas sounds great!

I'm so pleased that you went and had a good time. I loved hearing that you were able to take breaks too! It's really great how you did it
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Cool

I was a little bit worried about Aisling going back to school after the Easter holidays, because H/b would be there. But she seems okay and hasn't mentioned anything. I'm keeping my eyes and ears open to any changes in her mood.

I forgot to say that our hotel is where they film First Dates, Ireland. So I'm kinda famous!

I’m glad she’s ok - she’s a tough cookie, your girl!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Hey hunni, how’s things? How is Ais doing now? What’s your mood like?

I've been getting Aisling ready for her trip to Italy. They leave in the morning around 5.30 and I think the suitcase has been packed and repacked about a hundred times. It's her first time going without one of us, so I'm sure the house won't be the same until Saturday evening when she gets back.

No, it won’t. Will you be ok?