Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Money troubles!

Money troubles!

I'm feeling beyond fed up right now! I won't bore you all with the details....I'm fed up of even listening to myself! I have to cancel my session this week....haven't even been able to pay for last week's session yet. I just hate not having any money! I'm not getting what I should be at all, It's ridiculous!

Have you thought about contacting Citizens Advice to get some help dealing with finances?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Oh I've tried that. They tell me I'm getting what I'm supposed to but I know I'm not. I should of had £750 from Nov that I still haven't had and I can't even be bothered chasing that anymore. I'm not getting anything from little ones dad either....to help with things. I've just had Evies birthday, I've had to buy bits of school uniform as needed replacing/lost and I'm getting ridiculous amount of bank charges for living in my overdraft!

Have you asked them for help getting maintenance from your ex?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Not yet. I've been told he'll give me money when he can but he doesn't have it to give.... but then he's going to tenerife on a stag weekend soon!

“You’ll have to pay child maintenance if you:

are the child’s biological or adoptive parent
    don’t live with the child as part of their family
    are the child's legal parent“

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/fa...right-for-you/

I know he owes me and he knows it too. I just don't think he has much himself either

Ok, but his priority should be providing for his children, not going on a stag weekend…. Love, why are you protecting him from his responsibilities?

I'm not. I'm thinking more about myself and the kick off I would get. I just can't be doing with any of it. To make it worse, I checked my universal credit statement and they've taken £633 off me because they've said I've earnt £1496 this month! I'm not even working, so I don't know how they've figured that out but it's just messed it up even more! I've spokent o them but it's been passed on to someone else and I hate not knowing what's going to happen with it because I absolutely can not be £633 short this month

I get it, love, more than you know. But the most important thing is being able to pay your bills, not worrying about his reaction. Please speak to Citizens Advice, if nothing else they should help you with the £633 - a letter from Citizens Advice to DWP can always help any situation