Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: March 2023 General Chat

*Sending warm heat pad hugs and chocolate to you Jaq

Woohoo Magie that's awesome! I'm so pleased she's loving it! Paula's right, if she's anything like you then she'll be amazingly brilliant!

OO what made you decide that Paula? Are you pleased with it? What does Si think?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I just got fed up of the bob. Si loves it - he always preferred my hair short
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Thing is, you'd look gorgeous no matter what!

We had snow! Not lots and it didn't settle, but we still had it! Oh, and Marc got a call from Ben warning him that it's getting really snowy and icy in Wales and Marc is meant to be going there over the weekend... Leaving Fern and me to play here.

Today Marc and I are going to look at electric wheelchairs. I think it's time. It's something I've been struggling with, but I think it would give me more independence and the ability to do things I want to do more. For example, not all trains allow a mobility scooter, but they do allow all wheelchairs, going in and around the shops would be easier etc etc

Oh qnd it's blinking freezing here!

I think that’s a very good idea - they are so much more manageable.

We have proper snow - grrrrrr
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Well, I now have a brand-new electric wheelchair! We weren't going with the intention to buy, but the person we had was so lovely, didn't make me feel stupid (or too fat which is something I've had in other shops when we were looking at a mobility scooter) and even said that we could go away and really think about it. No upselling, took loads of time so I thought it was better to get her when it was a shop that if I had a problem I could take her back and get them to look at her. Really pleased with her and as I've still not regained the feeling in my thumb it's been really difficult to use the lever controls on Tallulah. It means I can go on all trains and she's flight ready too!
    But I'm amazed at how exhausted I am since the appointment! I'm also trying to justify the cost that I've spent on me... It's only been possible since my inheritance has come in and I know it's something my parents would both have seen was a good thing, but it's still the most I've spent on me.... But Marc and Hazel have both told me off for talking like that lol

So they should! You’re important, this’ll make a huge difference to you, and to them

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Suzi (08-03-23)

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    You deserve it. You deserve to be able to go to all the theatre you want with as much independence as you can. You deserve to be able to do what you want without worrying about getting around. Marc and Hazel are right!
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

Suzi (08-03-23)

Thank you both! Marc's just going to make up something so we can use her with the hoist I have! It also means I can just get on the train to see Haz/Fern and save those spoons I need for driving thee and back... It means I can take Fern to the Tate Modern, and we can have a little wander around London - and use buses etc. It should just make it easier...

And happier

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Suzi (08-03-23)

I knew you'd get it. Anyway just been out to Sainsbury's for a little tryout and she's fabulous! So much easier to use with a non-feeling thumb, didn't feel like I was in the way as much and my shoulders are so sore from rather using crutches or using my arms straighter for using Tallulah..