Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: And breathe…..

I'm glad it worked for you, but it wasn't so great for me when you completely cut ties with me. It actually really hurt.... Especially when I've stood up and tried my best to support you over the years... Through so much..
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I didn’t think you’d understand. Maybe I should’ve stayed away.
    Last edited by Stella180; 25-10-22 at 01:33 PM.

How can we understand? You dumped the people who have supported you the most, with no warning or explanation, and you expect that not to hurt? We are still ‘getting our heads straight’ over that.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Thanks. Thanks for making this about you. Thanks for failing to recognise the problem. Thanks for shutting ME out of your lives in the first place. When was the last time any of you dropped me a message to ask how I was, away from this forum? Or gimme a call to catch up? In fact, when I had tried to contact people from here I was met with a lot of radio silence. Instead of making out I’m the bad guy stop and ask yourself why I needed to walk away from everything. Yes, this forum and its members have done a lot for me in the past but a lot has changed over time, relationships have changed, and I feel like I was the one being pushed out. That I wasn’t wanted when all I wanted was to be there for you. It all felt very one sided and considering I was the only with was a problem over it, maybe I was the one who had to get over it and distancing myself from the cause of my pain seemed like the sensible thing to do. Of course nothing has changed. I’m still the asshole, and spent most the day in tears, cos still it’s all about how you feel and no one’s gives a damn about how I feel. How hard it has been to try and figure out where my place is. I thought I was strong enough to make the brave move of coming back but I was wrong. I’ll always care too much and will be left hurting because of it.

What did you expect any of us to do when you literally cut us all off? You didn't contact me at all about it, why would I contact you when it seemed that you wanted nothing to do with me anymore. I don't know what you thought changed and made you feel pushed out. That was not my intention, and I'm sure it wasn't the intention for anyone else either - we've all tried to support you and be your friend, but it's really hard when you cut ties with everyone...
    Of course we care, do you not think that the same about us wondering and worrying about you?

Tell me, what is it that you thought it'd be like? It's been almost 2 months and you just disappeared...

It’s fine. I think I know exactly where I stand now. I don’t need to be reminded about all you’ve done for me. That’s not the sort of thing I forget but I’m pretty sure it wasn’t just you doing the giving. I made a mistake coming back, that’s obvious to see. Thanks for making that 2 months worthless cos in less than 24 hrs I’m right back where I started.

But maybe a hello, an explanation or anything rather than just cutting us all off might have helped...

Maybe check back and you’ll see where I did tell you.

I’m sorry for being such a up

This is what you said, this is not the same as talking it through - in fact both Paula and I did ask you to think about whether you were reading things that weren't being meant...
    Quote Originally Posted by Stella180 View Post
    Look, I’m just going to do everyone a big favour. Everytime I say anything lately I upset people or I’m misunderstood. If I try to explain myself I just manage to dig myself I deeper hole and I get more and more upset with myself and alienate myself further. I love you all and I appreciate everything you’ve done for me but I think it’s best I call it a day. Thank you to those who have tried to be my friend over the years and I’m sorry I’m not the person you thought I was.
    You have come on and immediately it feels like it's so hard. All I've ever wanted is to have you as a friend and yet you push me away and then often come back with phrases like the ones you've used today such as being a f*ck up, or me/us "making the last 2 months worthless" and pushing you back to where you were in less than 24 hours.
    You say about it being hard to make yourself understood. It shouldn't be that hard, I thought we were friends...

Im going to be completely honest and say something really personal that I didn’t really want to say. When you dropped me likes a hot potato, from here, from Facebook, from your life, it really, really hurt me. And I’m still hurt, and still angry. I don’t understand what you expected after what happened.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.