Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 has sucked as much as 2021 *AB TRIGGERS*

It’s been an odd day. We saw Jurassic World - I loved it! Chris Pratt lassoing a dinosaur has to be hands down the sexiest thing I’ve seen on the big screen this year I then finished my marathon binge watching of every Stranger Things episode to date, just in time for the next instalment on 1 July.

But all day I’ve also been dealing with fear for my aunt, as her asshole ex husband lost the plot, threatened her and the dog with a bow and arrow, barricaded himself in the house with armed police and a helicopter surrounding it, and then getting himself arrested for attempted murder after threatening police with said bow and arrow….

She’s safe, staying with a friend and the police are helping her find somewhere to go. But geez…..
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I can't image how you have been feeling all day with that going on. So glad she's safe and I hope he's kept away for a very, very long time.

I've heard such mixed things about Jurassic World! I'm glad you enjoyed it!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Paula (20-06-22)

Oh wow, that sounds like quite an ordeal for your aunt especially. Terrifying stuff. So glad she’s ok.

As was Jurassic World dominion I was actually quite disappointed. The idea of bringing the old and the new crews together was exciting for me but there wasn’t enough interaction between them all for my liking. It felt like it was a them vs us kinda situation, two movies thrown into one. I think they really missed a trick there. It was still an enjoyable movie but could’ve been so much better imo.

Walker extraordinaire!
    So glad your aunt is safe. I can't imagine what she must be going through. Xx
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

Paula (20-06-22)

He’s in court this morning, but we don’t know what he’s been charged with
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Can I just say that I think you are being a bit harsh with the title of this thread. We’re only halfway through the year and although you have had a lot to deal with in the past 6 months there have been positives and you have loads to look forward to. Wimbledon, home improvements (yeah I know, tough while it’s happening but totally worth it when finished), your studies, and a new car coming soon. The back end of the year is looking better on a personal level.

Of course your uncle going loco and thinking he’s Robin Hood is a pretty major hit to have to take but everyone is safe and well thankfully and that is the important part.

He is not my uncle

Sorry, your aunts ex.

How are you doing love? How's your aunt?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I’m angry, furious. But also very grateful she’s safe. Apparently, my aunt is really calm and even went to work today - I’m not sure I would have been if I’d had a loaded crossbow aimed at me and the dog…..