Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disability

Hidden disabilities are just as much disabilities as missing a leg. And just as devastating to normal life. Accept you are disabled, accept the help offered to you and move on to living your life
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Exactly as Paula says...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I totally get what you are saying and I would tell anyone else the same thing but…Hi I’m Stella and I’m a massive hypocrite.

No, you're Stella and you haven't learnt to treat you with the same kindness - actually a shred of the kindness that you show your friends....

Nah I’m a dick who just tries not be lol

Do you guys not have a feeling of dread when you see the words “are you/do you class yourself as disabled? Thinking about it I guess some folk feel awkward about ethnicity or sexuality too. It’s all personal but that fear of people judging you based on your answer is there.

No, i accept that’s part of who I am. But not all I am. I also realised a long time ago that I wouldn’t be me without this journey
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

For me? I did and then I realised that I actually ticking that box would, in fact make my life easier... Also as Paula says, it's part of who I am. I am Suzi who has disabilities, not disabled person who is Suzi... Itms?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

OldMike (26-05-22)