Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trauma timeline

Walker extraordinaire!
    I have written about my trauma BUT it was at the advice and with the support of my psychologist. It was very difficult and did ultimately help but I needed the protection of my therapist whilst I did it.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

I've looked into so many different things. There just seems to be a wait list for everything.

There really is sadly. There are so many people needing support and therapy.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I think you are expecting an easy fix for how you’re feeling but that’s never gonna happen. Even with the support of a therapist it takes weeks, months, even years of practice, using the tools you’ve been given to help you in the moment. You can’t just try something a few times and decide it doesn’t work. Remember you are trying to retrain you brain and that takes a long time. Even when you do master a few helpful techniques it won’t stop you feeling shit, it will only help you to cope and get through the tough times.

I know love, but you're beginning to talk and that's huge. Stay with us, it does help.

My friend messaged me earlier to ask if I was OK, as I seemed a bit down/ today, so I told her about how I've been feeling recently and the long wait for a therapist etc..... she is the first person, in real life, that I've kind of felt like I can trust.... even though I've only known her a few months, because we share similar experiences. As much as I love having these forums as a sounding board, having someone in real life will be helpful too

Absolutely! And I’m so glad you have that someone in your life
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

That's brilliant! I'm so glad you have her in your life!