Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Fed up of struggling *AB triggers*

Got myself a little upset earlier and thought how I should book to speak to Dr again..... then I remember how my usual Dr, the Dr I first opened up to and liked, had left.... remembering that just set me off crying even more.... I feel so silly!

It’s not silly. You’re dealing with a lot atm and crying is a healing thing
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Definitely not silly, be kind to you. Maybe call your Drs and see if they have a Dr with a special interest in MH or someone sympathetic that you could see instead?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Had another message from Healthy Minds, telling me someone will be in touch very soon now and although I've been saying how I didn't feel like I could wait much longer etc now I know it's coming up, feeling a bit scared about it now. A part of me.still thinks that I shouldn't be talking to people about things

It is scary, but you definitely should be doing this...

I’m so glad they’re able to offer you the support you need
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Do you think it's wrong that I'm due to start therapy soon and I haven't told anybody about it? Not even my children's dad. I feel like I'm not being fair on him by not telling him something that's so big and affects me the way it does but i can't and Part of me still feel like I shouldn't be talking about any of it

No it's not wrong at all. It's how you deal with it. Talking about this kind of thing is incredibly difficult and has to be done as you are ready to do it...

I'm starting with a CBT therapist, via Healthy Minds, on the 27th June. I always thought CBT was about here and now behaviours? Rather than the past...Is this even going to be the right thing for me? I don't want to have waited all this time for something that isn't going to help....Have any of you guys had CBT?

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    I haven't had CBT but I'm currently studying it. It is about the here and now but it's also about trying to change negative thinking patterns and behaviours, which may help with better coping mechanisms.
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro