Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Fed up of struggling *AB triggers*

I know. I know I'm not making things easier for myself. Another big thing is that I don't want anyone knowing my business and things that have happened yo me. What if they were to contact my partner etc O don't know how I'd explain things to him

Why not put it in writing to them? At least then you will have told them. They can then help with chasing appointments too.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Because writing is hard too.I probably sound really awkward now, don't I

Why don’t you want your partner to know?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixie85 View Post
    I know. I know I'm not making things easier for myself. Another big thing is that I don't want anyone knowing my business and things that have happened yo me. What if they were to contact my partner etc O don't know how I'd explain things to him
    From a counselling point of view, your therapist is obligated to keep everything you say confidential. The only reasons they can break confidentiality is if there are safeguarding issues or if you are planning to or have broken the law. Anything else, doesn't leave the room.
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

Suzi (11-05-22)

I just don't want him to know. I don't want anyone to know any of it

If you don't let anyone in and know then noone will be able to help you. It's really hard to do, and there have been a fair few members here who have gone through it so we do understand, but this doesn't deserve to be a "dirty little secret" and actually is really important and you deserve to get help with it.

I'm getting help, its slow but I've made steps. I'm on medication and I'm on a wait list. What good would it do to tell him? I'd just rather he didn't know. I've got this site and I've been emailing samaritans too

That's your choice lovely, no one here is going to pressure you into anything.... From my own experiences though, it's easier when you don't have to do this alone...

Maybe once I start with a therapist and start talking about it, I might feel like I can tell him.....but for now, it's a no to telling him. I don't want him to think differently of me....and with it being my 2 brothers, he's actually met them