Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Fed up of struggling *AB triggers*

It’s been years since I had CBT, but I’d say it was less about delving deep into the past than it was about changing how I thought and felt about things - and therefore improving how I cope with life. Many people find it helpful so it’s definitely worth a try, imho
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I agree with Jaq and Paula - although it's about here and now, the fact that it helps you to build tools to help you to cope with things as they arise - this often is used as a good basis before any trauma work...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Thank you guys, someone actually told me that they have done CBT before and it was about learning coping skills before getting in any traumatic issues....that way it would help more, which makes sense

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pixie85 For This Useful Post:

Paula (15-06-22)

How are you doing lovely?

Don't really know how to answer that to be honest. Hope you're all ok?!

Aw love, doesn't sound so good... Want to write it all down? I know it helps me just to get it all out of my head - it doesn't have to be in order or full sentences. Just let it out...

The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I feel fake, I feel guilty and scared at the same time. I feel like I shouldn't be doing all of this. Days like this come and go, just need to pull myself back together

Fake? Hunni, you are NOT a fake. If something has happened that has made you feel "uncomfortable" or has caused you trauma then what you are feeling and experiencing IS real and therefore IS important and you DESERVE to get some help..
    Oh and please, please, please don't tell yourself that you need to "pull yourself together!" That's so damaging and just increases the issue of trauma..

Sweetheart, your feelings matter, your health matters, you matter