Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Fed up of struggling *AB triggers*

That's something that's discussed with each therapy - I've had group therapy where it was optional, other appointments where it was asked to stay on... But just ask.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I've emailed but probably won't get a response until Monday. I'd prefer not to have the camera on, so we'll just see what she says

I'm sure it'll be fine..

Spoke to my mum last night....She has been having treatment for rheumatoid arthritis recently and an incidental finding during this was fluid and shadows on lungs. Dr's have told her it could be scaring from when she used to smoke but they are wanting to do a biopsy and I can't even tell you how worried this makes me feel....Surely if it was the big C then she'd of noticed other signs, right?

Oh lovely, that's horrible news - but at least they've noticed it and can investigate enabling them to offer her the best possible treatment..

hunni, they’re doing the necessary tests and will treat her for whatever is going on. I won’t tell you not to worry as I know that’s impossible, but try to remain hopeful that it is scarring - for her sake if not for yours
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I've been doing some things for myself to get ready for the CBT on Tues, mostly writing about things. I'm aware we won't delve into any of the trauma related issues on first session but I started writing and just went where it took me. I started writing about how I've been feeling / questions I wanted to ask the therapist and then very briefly wrote all the things that have happened to me....and for some reason, I still have it in my head that these things aren't big enough for me to be seeking help.... and some of them are, what seem to me, like small things.... like the way my ex boss lied to get me alone and try it on with me or when my ex would want sex, I'd tell him we couldn't as on my period and then he'd ask to check �� or the taxi driver that said he'd let me off with my fare if I gave gave him oral (I was drunk) and obviously the bigger stuff like the sexual coercion/r*pe from my childrens dad, CSA and r*pe by my ex, the fact that my grandad murdered my grandma and he touched me up too (he was a convicted r*pist but the r*pe wasnt me)....why do I still feel like I don't deserve help or that I'm wasting their time? I don't even know how I'm even going to begin talking about any of this stuff. I feel like I need someone to tell me that even the "small things" are worth me seeking help over....like that was all wrong too.....because if it wasn't a big deal then it wouldn't stick in my mind like it has, right?

Sweetie, if you were reading that from someone else, would you think they are “small things”. Would you expect another woman to get through that without it causing trauma?…….
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Suzi (29-06-22)

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    It doesn't really matter if we tell you that the small things deserve help too, it's about you believing it. You do deserve help and support, and you know you would tell any other woman who had experienced what you have that they deserve help.
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

Suzi (29-06-22)

Those are very, very definitely things that you deserve to get help with, those are huge things - each one in itself.... As Paula says, what would you say if one of us was saying that to you?