Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do we ever get rid of depression

Each day is different. Today I've been up since 4.30 because I couldn't sleep so I came downstairs around 6. I try to attempt some housework. Sometimes I do crochet. Some days I struggle to get out of bed before midday. But I do push myself when I can and that's not everyday. I'm struggling with pain which is worse today and nothing is helping. I think it's worse today because I'm on day 3 of attempting to slowly ween off the ads I've been on for 2 yrs from advice from Dr before I can start something else. Withdrawals are a nightmare.

Yeah, I’ve also found withdrawal makes my pain worse - even when I’m not c9 ing off pain meds. All you can do with withdrawal is to be very, very kind to yourself
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

shine (03-04-22)

Thanks Paula. The Dr wants me to come off the duloxetine and start pregablin. I asked would I not need to go on an alternative ads. She said she thinks my drop in mood is associated with the pain and thinks if can sort out the pain then my mood will increase. It's early days as I can't come off them as quickly as she first suggested.

Is this jaw pain?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Did your doctor explain that pregabalin helps with anxiety too?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Yes. I was on pregablin a few years ago to help with anxiety and headaches.
    Yes, jaw and facial pain and migraines, constant headaches, neck ache. Basically from shoulders upwards and I'm also experiencing lower back pain.
    I'm on day 5 weaning today and I'm really struggling. Pain is hard that's it's affecting my sleep. Last night I managed 4 hours and the night before 3hrs. I'm really irritable and snappy. I've been awake since 4.30 today. I haven't made it to the gym this week. Will try to tomorrow if I'm feeling any better.

Oh sweetheart Are you still talking to your gp?

It's so hard to get hold of gp. Phone appointments have to be requested on the day via ask my gp at 7am. Yesterday I went on at 7.10am and it said already reached capacity so no appointments.
    Does anyone ever get an urge to cry but the tears don't come and instead ends in a panick attack. This keeps happening to me and I get pins and needles. I can't stop worrying about so many things. I'm not going to SH. I just think of my kids if I ever get those thoughts. I couldn't put them through it. Instead I'm harming my body by eating to much of the wrong things. I'm getting comfort from a burning hot water bottle because the burning pain sensation is much better than the pain I have. I'm pulling my hair obsessively. Sometimes grabbing my hair to distract the pain and other times pulling out the split ends.

OK you have to call your GP and explain that you need some urgent mental health help. You can't carry on like this. What you are doing ARE self harm actions. You have to get help...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

shine (13-04-22)

I’m surprised you don’t see those actions as self harming. Believe me, they are. Please, please demand an appointment urgently

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

shine (13-04-22)